What do I do now?

Frazier

I sat on the floor of the bedroom at Ryan's house with my back against the bed and my arms wrapped around my knees. I was thinking about everything that happened, learning that Ryan's Uncle Carrington is my father. Not only was I going to be Ryan's brother, but I'm his cousin. It was surreal and confusing.

I ran my hand through my hair, wondering how this is possible? It did make sense, considering I never formed a bond with my so-called sperm donor. I didn't look like any of that family.

"Fraz," I heard Ryan say.

"What?" I snapped.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Gee, I don't know. I find out your uncle is my father, and an asshole raised me. I'm peachy," I hugged, getting to my feet. Ryan and Jordan walked into the room. "It's not like I get a say in all this. Oh, hey, Dylan, by the way, I slept with some guy who isn't your father but passed a dick off as your daddy," I snapped. "Or how about, here's the truth, I'm sorry."

I was angry, so angry that I started trashing my room. I got tired of bottling up my anger and hiding my frustration.

Ryan and Jordan restrained me as I fought them until I broke and cried. Ryan held me as I sobbed.

"Why, Ryan? Why did my parents let me suffer? What did I ever do? Why did they hate me?" I questioned sobbing.

"I don't think your parents did it intentionally. It sounds like your mom found love at the wrong time, not able to escape a bad situation," Ryan reasoned.

I cried. All I wanted was people who love me. The abuse and yelling made me miserable.

"Frazier, you grew up in a shitty situation, but look how you turned out," Jordan said. "You could easily turn out like that asshole, but you didn't. You have the biggest heart and most tender feelings out of anyone. That speaks volumes," Jordan reminded me.

I looked at Jordan with glassy eyes.

"Look, we got your back. Whatever you decide, we will back you up," Ryan assured me. I nodded as my best friends comforted me.

After I calmed down, Ryan released me. The three of us sat around and talked.

"Sorry I called your sister hot," I apologized to Ryan.

"Don't worry about it. That makes you an idiot," Ryan retorted, making us chuckled.

"So, what are you going to do?" Jordan asked.

I sat there, thinking about the situation.

"I don't know," I answered, shaking my head. "What if Carrington doesn't like me? What if I annoy him?"

"You annoy everyone, and you're worried about that?" Ryan asked, arching his brow.

I rolled my eyes. "I meant annoy Carrington so much that he wants nothing to do with me. My mom left, and I'm with a family I know nothing about here," I told Ryan. I furrowed my brows.

"Then take a chance," Jordan suggested as I looked at him. "Think about it; it's not like Carrington knows anything about you."

I had my doubts. Who would want a kid that's practically an adult? Carrington has a wife and a life. Hey, that rhymes. Stop it, Frazier. You need to focus on the current situation.

"Frazier, Uncle Carrington is the most laid back person you will meet. He enjoys kidding around with people and loves pranks," Ryan mentioned.

I looked at Ryan, surprised. He gave me a knowing look.

"Okay, I guess I can meet with Carrington. I have my doubts," I sighed.

Ryan and Jordan looked at me as I shook my head. After talking to Ryan and Jordan, I came downstairs and walked to Charles's office. He's sitting at his desk, working.

I knocked on the door, making Charles look up at me. I entered the office.

"I know your busy taking care of things and dealing with Ryan's love crises, but I was wondering," I said, trailing off. Man, this is hard.

"Frazier?" Charles said.

"I was thinking of talking to Carrington, but I don't know what to say to him. Mom claims he's my father, but it's hard to believe when you're lied to your entire life," I said, feeling terrible.

"Do you want to talk to Carri?" Charles asked.

"Maybe, but you know what? That is a terrible idea. Forget I said anything," I said, retreating.

"Dylan," Charles said, making me stop in my tracks. Damn it, I was so close to leaving. I turned around to face him. "I feel that's an excellent idea." Charles smiled.

"You're not saying that to placate me, are you?" I asked.

"No, because you should talk to your father," Charles said.

"Is Carrington my real father, or are you messing with me?" I questioned.

"DNA doesn't lie, Frazier," Charles told me. That surprised me. Well, okay, then.

*******
I heard a knock at my front door and opened it, revealing Charles.

"Charles? Is Dylan okay? Does he need anything? Let me get my checkbook," I said, walking over to a desk drawer and pulling out my checkbook.

"Frazier is fine, and no, he needs nothing," Charles answered as I set my checkbook down.

"Oh," I mumbled. I had a feeling Charles is here to tell me that my son wants nothing to do with me. "If Dylan needs anything, you tell me. I want to know everything that's going on with him."

Charles looked at me. Nikita walked into the room and greeted Charles.

"What's going on?" Nikita asked.

"Charles stopped over to update me on Dylan. It's nice to know he's okay. Maybe one day, Dylan and I can talk," I told Nikita, trying to maintain my composure. Nikita looked at me with empathy.

"It's my punishment for falling in love with his mom and not giving a shit about anyone but myself. I deserve my son to keep his distance," I told Nikita and Charles. I turned around as I wiped my eyes. I didn't want them to see me cry.

I got my composure, then turned around to face my brother and wife.

"So, let Dylan know when he's ready to talk, I'll be waiting. If he needs anything, you let me know, and I will make sure he has it. My kid deserves everything," I said emphatically.

"That's a good theory, but Frazier deserves a father," Charles said as I looked at him. "I came here to tell you that Frazier wants to talk to you. The problem is that he doesn't know how you will accept him."

My expression changed to shock.

"Accept Dylan? I will do anything if he lets me be his father. When can we meet?" I asked enthusiastically. Charles smiled.

Today I felt excited. My son wanted to talk to me. I couldn't wait. I hope Dylan likes me because that would suck monkey balls if he didn't.