A new love

Gloria

I didn't know who the baby's father was and went along with Maurice as the father. I knew Carri waited for me and didn't meet him to protect the baby. I accepted my fate with Maurice, knowing I had someone who will love me unconditionally.

I ran my hands over my growing belly as I felt the baby kick. Maurice left for periods, leaving me alone to fend for myself. I put the crib together and set up the nursery. I was having a boy, which made me excited.

"Okay, little one, we will work together to be happy," I said as I put the crib together. I took my paycheck to buy the baby items since Maurice couldn't be bothered. His family didn't throw me a baby shower as I purchased things I needed for the baby.

"So, I thought when you arrive, it will be us against the world. Hopefully, you'll love me, and I won't disappoint you," I said, trying not to cry. The baby kicked reassuring me. That's my boy.

"Yep, it's you and I against the world," I said as I finished, then went to eat.

Maurice thinks I'm naming the baby after him, but I picked the baby's name. I'm naming the baby Dylan Michael Frazier. Frazier is the only name Dylan will get from Maurice. He didn't deserve having a child named after him.

*********
I knocked on a door, waiting. It opened, revealing Nikita. She smiled at me as I smiled. She came out of her apartment as we left to go to dinner.

We found a quaint place and had dinner. We talked about everything, and I joked, making Nikita laugh. She told me some corny jokes and I chuckled. I didn't think someone like Nikkia would have a sense of humor, but she surprised me. Nikita's personality endured me to her.

I enjoyed spending time with Nikita. We went to dinner, the theater, museums, and spent time together. It helps that she didn't have a man in her life. That seems to be an issue when the woman isn't single.

I even went to visit Nikita at the hospital. I showed up with a bouquet, and she smiled when she saw me. She walked over to me, kissed me, and took the flowers from me. I watched her inhale the scent of the flowers.

"Lovely bouquet, thank you," Nikita commented.

"Lovely flowers for a lovely woman," I complimented Nikita. She smiled.

"Carrington, you charm me," Nikita mentioned.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked curiously.

"Yes," Nikita grinned. "I return to work, but we meet later."

"We will," I assured Nikita, said as she walked away from me.

I was falling deeply for Nikita. So much that I wanted to marry her, but I knew I would have to tell her about my past. I hope she understands.

Later on, I went over to Nikita's apartment. She let me in and I removed my coat. I kissed her as we waited for the food to arrive.

"I need to speak with you," I said as we sat down on the couch.

"Okay," Nikita said.

I thought about what I wanted to say. I didn't know how Nikita would react.

"Carrington, you worry me," Nikita mentioned.

I turned to face her. "I want honesty with you," I said as she furrowed her brows. "Before I met you, I met a woman. We got involved, but she was married to someone else."

Nikita's expression changed to shock.

"I didn't know that she's married, but when I found out, I continue the affair. I'm not proud of my actions, and I understand if you want to stop seeing me. I wanted to be honest with you about my past if I want to go further with you," I confessed.

Nikita sat there quietly. That worried me.

"Are you speaking with the woman now?" Nikita asked, surprising me.

"No, it ended months ago. I don't know where Gloria is," I admitted. That was the truth.

"So, we don't worry about issues?" Nikita questioned as I sat there, stunned.

"You're not upset about this revelation?" I inquired.

"It's your past. I'm future," Nikita reasoned. I watched a smile curl on her lips. I felt relief wash over me. "But if I'm future, no cheating or lies. I inform my family, and they chop you into pieces." That shocked me.

Someone knocked at the door.

"Food is here. We eat, now you understand," Nikita said, getting up to answer the door. Well, I picked an exciting woman to fall in love with now. I'm sure if I fuck up, Nikita will follow through with her warning.

We ate, I stayed, watching comedies with her, then left. We didn't have sex yet. Nikita informed she's waiting for marriage to have sex. It wasn't a casual thing with her and refused to engage in it until marriage. I respect her decision since I plan on marrying her. I didn't tell my family what my plans are with Nikita. I didn't even tell them I met someone.

********
Gloria

I progressed with my pregnancy, and when Maurice came home, I didn't have a choice with sex. He expected sex, and I gave it to him. He came home long enough to fulfill his needs, then left.

I dealt with pregnancy alone. When we went around Maurice's family, he put on a show for everyone, acting like the dutiful husband and father. It's complete bullshit. Maurice wanted bragging rights.

One day, I was getting baby items together, and Maurice came home announcing we are moving. He wanted the baby to grow up with his family. I didn't. I tried to raise Dylan correctly and knew that wouldn't happen if we stayed around Maurice's family. I didn't have a choice.

We moved, and it was difficult. I spotted a couple of times but made sure I didn't lose the baby. Life was difficult, but I managed. If I left to be with Carri, Mateo would find the baby and me killing us both. I refuse to let that happen.

They say a mother's greatest gift is sacrificing her needs for the baby's needs. I disagree. The greatest gift you can give is protecting the baby from harm. I chose to protect my child even if it meant costing my own.

I vowed to raise Dylan with love and kindness. I didn't want him to turn out like Maurice's family. The kids are terrible and unruly. They're mean and nasty. Max even kicked me while Mario slapped me. The brothers did nothing. Maurice told me I couldn't touch the kids since they aren't ours. That angered me.

More kids arrived, and they were the same way. I shook my head, knowing the kids will be worse when they grow up.

One night I rubbed my belly, talking to Dylan.

"I promise to love you unconditionally if you promise never to turn out like Maurice's family," I said.

Kick!

"I will protect you, no matter what. I wish I knew who your father is," I mentioned.

Kick!

"I pray it's not Maurice. I met a man, and he was incredible. He's kind, thoughtful, caring, and funny. He made me laugh a lot," I chuckled, remembering Carri.

Kick!

"He had the prettiest emerald green eyes," I sighed.

Kick!

"My luck, Maurice will be your father," I mumbled. I didn't feel a kick. "Maybe you'll be Carri's son."

Kick!

Something told me after Dylan arrives, I would find out who's his father. When I mentioned Maurice's name, Dylan didn't kick. When I said Carri, the baby kicked up a storm. The truth would unleash a rage from Maurice and cause me to shield Dylan. It will result in someone arriving when Dylan and I needed help.

All I can do is take the brunt, protecting my son.