Meeting

I stood at the railing by the water on the boardwalk, waiting. I didn't know how Dylan will feel about me. I missed so much time with him. Will he like me? Will he hate me? Will he tell me to get bent?

I waited as I did for Gloria that night. I had a feeling Dylan wouldn't show. That thought depressed me. I'll give it another thirty minutes. I tapped my watch, hoping it was working. As the minutes ticked, I started losing hope. Dylan's not coming. When the time ended, I turned, coming face to face with my son.

"Sorry I'm late, but Ryan and Jordan had to pry me away from Call of Duty. I was this close to beating a level. They're always ruining my fun," Dylan joked.

"Yeah, I hate when that happens, especially you're to the end," I said.

"Do you play video games?" Dylan asked.

"Video games, board games, Old Maid," I answered.

"Oh, Old Maid is the shit. Jordan hates when I beat him, but you move your card slightly, and the person picks it," Dylan said.

"I know what you mean," I agreed. Damn, Dylan is so much like me.

"So, you're my father," Dylan said as I nodded. "I'm not sure how this works. See, the last douche I called Dad beat the hell out of me. That makes you distrust people," Dylan commented as I looked at him.

"That's not a father. The funny thing is I wanted someone to call me Dad, but my wife can't have kids. I thought it would be great to hear," I said, trying not to overstep my bounds.

We stood there, awkwardly for a few minutes.

"You can't be any worse than what I dealt with, growing up," Dylan mentioned.

"Oh, God, no. I hate that family. The Frazier's are assholes," I said emphatically.

"Yeah, me too, especially the cousins. They're pricks," Dylan mentioned, making me chuckle. Dylan gave me a cheeky grin.

"You know, I wanted to talk to you, but I knew you are angry. I call Charles all the time to ask about you. I told Charles if you need anything to let me know. I want my son taken care of properly. I didn't get a chance for almost eighteen years. I know it doesn't make up for you growing up without me. I'm hoping," I rambled as Dylan walked towards me and hugged me. That surprised me.

I wrapped my arms around Dylan, hugging him back.

"I need nothing except you, Dad," Dylan mumbled.

Hearing Dylan called me Dad meant everything to me. I hugged him tightly.

"I love hearing that," I whispered.

Dylan lifted his head and looked at me.

"I love hearing you call me Dad," I said, smiling. Dylan smiled as he continued to hug me.

How do you love someone you barely know? It's easy; the person calls you Dad. I might have fallen in love with Gloria; it didn't compare to the love I felt for our son.

Dylan and I talked, joking with each other. We have the same personality, which is scary. While we spoke, my brothers watched us.

"Now that's a sight," Mason mentioned.

"It seems Carri found the love he wanted," Joseph said.

"Nothing beats the love of a child," Charles added.

"Great, you all are going soft because of a child. I told you women and children are a nuisance," Elliot remarked.

Mason, Charles, and Joseph looked at Elliot as he looked at them unamused. Yeah, Elliot still wasn't fond of women and children. I will never understand my baby brother.

*******
Frazier

Okay, Carrington turned out to be a cool dude, unlike the other family members. They're a bit uptight, but I'll let Alex deal with Ryan's family. Well, my family too.

"So, do you care if I call you Dad because calling you Carrington is weird?" I mentioned.

"I prefer you to call me Dad," Dad replied.

"Cool, then can you call me Frazier?" I asked.

Dad stopped and looked at me strangely.

"What's wrong with Dylan?" Dad asked.

"I hate it. It's lame," I groaned.

"Dylan was my father's name," Dad mentioned.

"Good for him, but I don't like it," I retorted. That earned a look. I shrugged.

"How about Michael? Dad asked.

"Meh," I replied.

"Michael is my middle name," Dad said, getting annoyed.

"Good for you. Call me Frazier," I replied, walking away, whistling.

"Yep, this is so my child," Dad groaned.

Dad chased after me. I ran as he picked me up. We played fought with each other.

"You ugly," I remarked to Dad.

"You look like me," Dad countered.

"The better version," I retorted, smiling.

"Oh, it's on," Dad said, chasing me. For an old dude, he sure could keep up with me.

We hung out and made plans to hang out more. Yeah, I'm glad Ryan made me meet Carrington.

Carrington left, and I walked towards a car as Ryan and Jordan got out of Ryan's car. Ryan leaned against the car.

"How did it go?" Ryan asked.

"Okay, you were right. Carrington is okay," I said, rolling my eyes. Ryan smirked.

"So, does this mean that you're going to get to know your dad?" Jordan asked.

I thought about it and smiled. "Yeah, I want to know the man that made me a love child," I said as Ryan and Jordan looked at me strangely. I started laughing as they laughed.

"Frazier, you're an idiot," Ryan said.

"Yeah, but this idiot has a father finally," I remarked as Ryan nodded.

We got into the car and went home. I sat in the backseat, feeling happy, finally. I don't know the entire story of my parents, and maybe one day they will tell me, but now, I'm delighted, knowing both wanted me. That's the best feeling in the world to know you're wanted no matter what.