The Bargain

Hiccup's POV

Hiccup looks through his telescope again, hoping to spot any trace of the dragon hunters.

"Hiccup, you need to eat." Astrid approaches the boy. Hiccup sighs, putting the telescope down.

"I'm not hungry." He says.

"Hiccup, I know you're worried about Krystal. I understand that. But you need to eat or you won't be able to help her. Do you think she would want you to starve because you're searching for her?" Astrid asks. Hiccup sighs, knowing the blonde was right.

"Okay, Astrid. You win." Just as the two start to walk into the clubhouse, Fishlegs appears, waving a piece of paper around.

"Hiccup! Terror-mail! It's from Krogan!" Hiccup immediately forgets about dinner and rushes over to the other boy. He grabs the paper and reads it silently.

Hiccup,

I'd like to make a deal. You have something of mine and I have something of yours. Go to Changewing Island by sundown tomorrow. And bring the Dragon Eye. Unless you want your precious sweetheart to become a dragon's dinner.

Krogan

"That little son of a..." Hiccup pounds on the table in anger. Astrid rips the paper out of his hands and reads it, her face paling.

"Oh no." She whispers, partly to herself.

"If he hurt one hair on her head..." Hiccup growls. Astrid places a hand on his shoulder as the rest of the gang appears.

"Fish-face said something about a Terror-mail. What is it about?" Snotlout asks, looking at Hiccup.

"It's from Krogan. He has Krystal." Astrid says. Snotlout's eyes widen and the boy looks back at Hiccup.

"Oh..." Hiccup straightens, determination and fury written across his face.

"We're going to get her back. We'll take the Dragon Eye, but Krogan won't be getting what he wants." He says.

"Wait, if he wants the Dragon Eye...and you're bringing it...then won't you be basically handing it to him?" Tuffnut asks. Hiccup smiles.

"That's what we want him to think."