twenty two

{Peter's POV}

{Peter's POV}

After I was thrown to the wall, I had to get back in the game. I didn't, though. I stayed still and watched Y/N talking to her parents. It seemed like it was escalating quickly and only getting worse by the second.

I see her lift her hand to show them the ring, and then the disappointed looks on their faces. I just rolled my eyes because deep down, I knew that she wanted to be with me even without her parent's approval.

Then she looked at me. I could see sorrowful eyes, and I pulled my mask off. We made eye contact. It was hard to see her like this. She gave me a weak smile and nodded.

Oh no.

She can't be.

I ran as fast as I could and started to swing above everyone to get to her. This isn't the only way out. We are winning!

"Y/N, NO!" I scream and get everyone's attention. Right when I got to the force field, she did it. I pounded on the bubble. I needed her to live! She can't just leave and die on me!

She looked at her ring then mouthed I love you, and it was over. Her parents were thrown back, then the force field vanished. The small blast that was left sent everyone flying back. When I got up from the ground, I sprinted back over to Y/N.

She looked lifeless. Still. It was like she had nothing left in her.

"Y/n, wake up." I lifted her into my lap. I sat on the ground with her. Blood was seeping from her forehead. I took her hand in mine and looked at her ring. It was still in place. The diamond that I had given her earlier that day still sparkling. I cried. I cried the hardest I ever had. "Please," I pleaded. "Please come back." I lifted her to my chest so that I could have her as close as possible.

Everyone looked at my queen and me. The broken couple on the ground together. Mr. Stark made his way over to us and got down on his knee. He took her wrist, and I presumed that he was taking her pulse.

"There's a faint pulse. It's barely there. We have to get her to the infirmary now before it's too late." He looked at me with a little hope in his eyes. "Cap, over here." He waved Steve over.

Steve took her out of my arms, and I felt like a piece of me left of my body. I couldn't feel a thing without her. I stayed positioned on the ground, not feeling the need to get up. Steve, Bucky, and Sam all ran inside with Bruce and Strange behind them. Stark left my side, patting my back and walking towards Y/N's parents.

"They're dead." He said quietly. I think that I am the only one that heard it because nobody reacted. "Go home!" He shouted towards the heroes. "There have been too many losses today. GO!"

Then the heroes left, just like that. I don't know why they didn't fight back after that, but whatever.

"Let's go, kid. You need to be with her right now." He picked me up by my arms and started to walk me inside the tower.