Chapter 14: Long Lost Brother

It was dark and foggy, a classic horror scene. There was marsh hanging everywhere that could easily be mistaken as a hag's hair. Despite the creepiness, the creatures of the night fled as a ship landed on the ground. Artris shivered and rubbed his shoulders.

"This place is... spooky." He pouted and Piri looked at him and Sora.

"Guys...?" She asked, seeing their appearances. "Why do you look like frogs?"

"Huh?" Sora looked down at his appearance. He was a brown frog! "W-what?! Donald, W-why am I a frog? ...Donald? Donald! ...Goofy? Where'd you guys go?"

They were no where to be seen.

"..." Artris looked at Piri and scratched his head, "Well, actually, you're a frog too."

Piri gasped and looked at her reflection in the swamp's water. She had a light blue mixed with a green. She screamed and jumped up, higher than attended. She landed on top of Sora.

"W-why!? Why this animal?! I don't want to be a frog!!" She panicked and rubbed her hand down her arm. Slimy mucus came from her skin and she was grossed out, "I think I'm going to throw up..."

"Hey, if Riku was a frog, you would totally keep him!" Sora pointed out.

"Well, I guess... But I won't kiss him!" Piri pouted crossing her arms, "I don't kiss frogs."

"Is that a reference to 'Purinsesu To Kaeru'?" Artris asked and Piri blinked.

"That's Japanese for 'Princess and the Frog', right?" Piri smiled, "That was one of my favorite fairy tales."

"Um... Guess it isn't just a story." The blonde said, looking around, "I need my future prince to kiss me so I can turn human..."

"Same... But princess for me." Sora said thinking about Kairi.

"Well, whatever! We need to find Donald and Goofy!" Piri said, hopping around.

"How are we supposed to find anyone in this swamp? I mean, I can't see an inch- why are those logs moving?" Sora asked.

Piri stopped hopping and turned to see brown, lumpy forms began to creep towards them. They heard snickering coming from the largest one.

"Sora…those aren't logs!" Artris summoned his blade, cautiously.

Suddenly, the largest one stood up to reveal a huge alligator-like heartless.

"Heartless!" All three shouted. Sora frowned and drew his keyblade back. He sprung towards the enemy with extraordinary height, and cut the heartless in the face.

"Oh! We can use our jumps to help with fighting!" Artris said and Piri nodded. They fought back to back and defeated the heartless.

"Ugh, this is going to be hard if we're going to find my sister..." The greenish yellow frog sighed.

"Search for Donald and Goofy too-" Piri was interupted when a big, hard nut hit her head.

The one who threw it at her was a monkey heartless. She fell and hit the ground, knocked out.

"PIRI!!" Sora and Artris yelled.

The brunette picked her up, "Artie, we need to leave! We can find our friends later! Let's get going!"

Sora was carrying Piri as Artris tried his best to cover for him. Soon they got cornered.