The letter..

|(3)|

Harry and Tom sat in there room, it was Harry's 11th birthday. Tom had managed to get a slice of cake from the new Directors office. The old one died of a heart attack. As if her heart just stopped beating altogether. "Tom you know when she finds out you'll get in trouble." Harry warned looked at the delicious cake on a plate next to him on the floor. "Maybe but she forgot your birthday and it's not far!" Tom said, trying to find the fork he stole a while back. After he'd found the fork Harry cut the cake into pieces. And offered Tom one. As they ate in a peaceful quiet a tapping at the window alerted Tom to quickly open it to see a owl. "What's an owl doing here of all places?" Questioned Harry. "I don't know but it has a note." Said Tom reaching out to get it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 

Dear Mr. Potter,  We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.  Term begins on September 1.  We await your owl by no later than July 31.

UNIFORM 

First-year students will require:

• Three sets of plain work robes (black) 

• One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

  • One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 

• One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) 

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags. 

COURSE BOOKS 

All students should have a copy of each of the following: 

• "The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)" by Miranda Goshawk

• "A History of Magic" by Bathilda Bagshot 

• "Magical Theory" by Adalbert Waffling

• "A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration" by Emeric Switch

• "One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi" by Phyllida Spore 

• "Magical Drafts and Potions" by Arsenius Jigger

• "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" by Newt Scamander

• "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" by Quentin Trimble 

OTHER EQUIPMENT

  • 1 wand 

• 1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) 

• 1 set glass or crystal phials 

• 1 telescope 

• 1 set brass scales 

You will be able to purchase your supplies at Diagon Alley.  Diagon Alley's entrance can be found in the Leaky Caldron on Charing Cross Road, London, England.

"How in the world are we going to get there?" Questioned Harry as he looked over the paper. Just then, an Owl that looked almost the same flew in with the same note only addressed to Tom. "Good, I'm not going alone!" Harry smiled. Tom felt his heart thumb, was this normal? Did other boys feel this way about Harry? Was this because of the marking on his wrist? "Y-Yeah lets get going I have an idea."

The credit for the letter goes to MidnightNinja27 I didn't write that I just copied and pasted

489 words