Chapter Eight

Last night I was running away from Jackson but this morning I'm inviting him to my bed.  What madness have I gotten myself into?

When we enter the bedroom I trigger on the little lamp on my nightstand and start to dig for something more comfortable to wear.  I was never intending on inviting a boy to my room so it's a bit of a mess. 

He sits on my rickety full-sized bed but immediately jumps up when he hears the noise it makes. I can't help but let out a giggle, I definitely need a new mattress. 

My room has the very same cherry wood furnishings I grew up with, I just happened to take them with me when I moved.  I wanted to buy all new furniture once I got around to it, but like most things in my life, I never got around to it.  Once Jack's sure it will hold him, he reclines casually and looks around the room. 

I find a large T-shirt and some soft shorts.  The straps of my bra are painfully digging into my shoulders and I can't wait to get it off.  I'm jealous of the women who can pull off going out in public without a bra because I am definitely not one of them.  My breasts are too large to not be contained unless I am in private.  In this case, of course, I'm not entirely in private but I figure we're just going to lay in bed anyway. 

I'm about to pull my shirt over my head until I feel Jackson's eyes watching me.  "Turn around and no peeking."

He smirks and rolls those diamond eyes of his and turns to face the wall with a cute smirk.   "It's not like I haven't seen you naked before."

"Charming!"  I tease and turn myself to the mirror so I can see if he peeks. 

I'm worried he's going to turn around so I try to change as quickly as possible.  I throw my blouse in the corner of the room and pull my t-shirt over my head before sliding my bra off through the sleeve.  The second I unsnap the hooks of my bra I close my eyes and let out a moan of relief.  I begin to rubbing my shoulders where the straps left indents and stretch my neck side to side.

When I open my eyes again I see Charming is watching me. "Hey!  I said no peeking!" 

He bites his lip ring and turns back to face the wall.  I let out a giggle and start unzipping my jeans.

I know, I know, he's seen me naked. But it's one thing to have an intimate moment with another person and a whole different situation to be completely exposed. It's as if I'd be standing here in the light of day saying, 'Here I am, stretch marks and all. Check me out.' After everything, I'm just not ready to be that vulnerable with him again.

I quickly slip my skinny jeans below my knees and try to hop out of them but my heel gets caught in the cuff and I fall to the floor.  I land directly on my bruised buttcheek and all the air is knocked out of me.

Shit

"Shit!" I shout breathlessly.

Jackson is at my side so quickly that I didn't even hear him get up.  I roll over to my side and without thinking, pull my shirt up attempting to look at the bruise completely exposing my underwear. 

Jackson's hand catches mine before I can pull my shirt back over me and his thumb gently grazes the bottom of my butt cheek right below the bruise.  A slow heat spreads through my entire body as he examines me and my heart starts to pound out of my chest. 

"Wow Mags, that's really bad." He grimaces.

I tug my shirt back down to cover up and realize I'm in a precarious position with my jeans still wrapped around my ankles.  Before I can decide my next move, I feel him reach beneath my knees and under my arms.  He gently lifts me up and carries me to the bed, jeans hanging from my ankles and all.