Overheard

"Noah, oh my god! I've missed you so much!" I laughed, trying to get out of his strangling hug. Affection was not something I was comfortable with. Obviously being raised by my parents, you can see why.

"So how was Italy and Rome?" He asked, as we got closer to the all girl dorms. The only place boys were allowed in there was the lobby and common room. Anywhere else they were restricted for obvious reasons.

"It was great, I got some studying in. I don't know why they take me on these Vacations if they are just going to work the whole time." I sighed, swiping my card to let me in.

We walked into the bookshelf lined living room in Dons Hall, with a giant fire place in the middle of the room. It was August for christ sakes, why do they need that? Plopping on the couch across from a group of girls, we tried to catch each other up with our lives. But unfortunately, we could barely hear ourselves over the obnoxious girls.

"So we will have a kicker tonight at Hal's Bar. They won't ask for our i.d.s tonight, because my brother is the security guard. But you have to tell him my name at the door or he won't let you in." Isabella Williams quietly murmured, so that the whole room wouldn't hear her.

Isabella was the daughter of another chairmen on the board with my father. Her family was as notorious on campus for being rich and powerful as mine. Our fathers being close friends, both family's expected us to be best friends. Unfortunately that didn't pan out to well.

"Wait I thought we were going to meet up with the football players?" Justina Collins asked, looking up from the phone that she was seemingly glued to. Sent away by her parents from Beverly Hills, Justina was a blonde beach babe compared to everyone else up here. In the colder weather of Connecticut, it was rare to find any one as tan as her. Or as ditzy more like it.

"Their picking us up at 9 to go to one of their uncles cabins. This is just a little freshening up on the liquor. You in?" Isabella asked, as her trio of friends stood up. Her long black hair was put up into a ponytail, and she was wearing a short mini skirt and crop top.

"Sure, but you're paying. My dad took away my credit card. I guess I can drive to make up for it." Kayla Marsh responded, shaking her brown curls with her hand. Kayla is known as 2019's "Miss Teen Connecticut". Her chestnut brown hair, her cocoa skin, and her curvy figure. How could she not win?

"Fine, lets go ladies." Isabella sighed, leading her group out the door towards the parking lot. Damn... Sometime's I wished I had more friends I could have fun with. It's fine...

"Hey, I think i'm going to head up to my dorm room. Find out who i'll be rooming with..." I quietly told Noah, watching the girls head to their car.

"Oh, ok... Hey would you want to... go out to dinner tonight?" Noah awkwardly asked, as I packed up my bag. I laughed, not knowing it was an invitation for a date.

"I'm fine, I was just going to go down to the dining hall anyway. Plus we're both broke and carless." I laughed, punching him in the arm. He chuckled, then walked away from the fire lit common room. Little did I know, that everything after this would be beyond crazy in my life.