A little late

Pulling up around 9, we noticed that little bar was packed full of people. We could barely find a parking spot, but luckily we found one at the grocery store next to it.

Having to walk a block over, I noticed that the heels I borrowed from Eva were super unsteady and loose. That's just great, uncomfortable shoes while dancing at a bar.

"There's actually a local public college about 20 minutes away. Some students usually come down to have drinks, but most of them aren't old enough to get in. It'll probably be less busy inside." I told Eva, as we tried to make it through the line of complaining students.

"I.D please." The bodyguard asked, as we were about to enter the bar. Eva looked at me like she was going to make a run for it, but I held her back and calmly whispered to the guard "We are Isabellas friends."

After I told him that, he nodded and lifted the velvet rope for us to get inside. Thank god I had overheard them talking in the lobby, or we would have never gotten in. Eva took ahold of my hand, and led me towards the bar table.

"Two shots, on me." She smiled, handing her credit card to the bartender. He nodded, and went into the back to charge her. Eva gave me a hug, and cheerfully said "We we going to have so much fun tonight!"

But the thing was, after the shots we didn't see each other until the next day.