35.

A/N
Can we imagine that homecoming dresses are usually a little bit more extra for this (If that makes sense).

[Abigail's POV]

I was currently sat on my floor, in front of my floor-length mirror, applying my last layer of mascara. With just twenty minutes until Zach was arriving, I still needed to get changed, put on my jewellery and just give myself a final once over. I initially planned to go to the homecoming game but instead, I decided to just stay home and spend more time getting ready. Thought were running through my mind of all of the different ways tonight could turn out. I mean Monty might not even turn up and I could be overthinking everything. He was the one who accused me of cheating, yet I was the one sat here getting ready thinking about him. Normally, I wouldn't be too much of a perfectionist with my hair and makeup, but tonight I wanted to look perfect. On the off chance that Monty may be there, I wanted him to notice me. I should hate his guts, I mean for god sake I broke up with him...But here I was hoping that he would see me tonight and come and apologise. As much as I hated myself for saying, or even thinking this, I would take him back in a heartbeat. 

Losing myself in my thought, I realised that I had almost no time to finish getting ready. I jumped up and ran to my wardrobe, grabbing my dress and shoes, starting to get dressed. 

Once I had finished getting dressed and putting on my jewellery, I stood in front of my mirror, examining my appearance. I noticed that I was still wearing the necklace that Monty had got me for our four-month anniversary. It was a plain silver necklace with a pendant that had Monty's name on it and I loved it more than anything. As we had broken up, I knew that I should've probably taken it off but I couldn't bring myself to it. I decided to just keep it on tonight, I mean no one would notice, right?

A knock at the front door downstairs, caused me to jump slightly. I grabbed my bad and headed out of my room, down the stairs and towards the front door. Scott had already left, to pick up his homecoming date and my auntie and uncle were at work once again. Scott had liked Sheri for a while now and when he asked her to homecoming, I almost died. I mean it was so cute. She had liked him for a while now and to see them both so happy, bought a smile to my face.

I flung open the front door, revealing Zach stood on my doorstep. His jaw dropped the moment he saw me.
"Whoa Abi, you look stunning." He smiled, "Monty isn't going to be able to keep his eyes off of you."
"Wait, is he going to be there tonight?" I asked, a clear amount of happiness filling my voice.
"I think so yeah. I'm pretty sure Bryce forced him because according to Bryce, he's been 'acting all depressed'." Zach said as we made our way towards his car and he opened the door for me, helping me to get in.
He ran around to the other side of the car and got in the drivers seat. 
"I know that's why you want to go." Zach raised his brow as he began driving down the road.
"What do you mean?" I laughed, rubbing the back of my neck.
"You want him to see you and apologise." Zach said.
I went to speak, but Zach cut me off.
"I bet you are expecting me to say that you are stupid for still wanting him, right?" He said and I just nodded.
"Well, you're not stupid Abi. You both loved each other, anyone could see that. I'm pretty sure that you and him are soulmates or something, it's weird. Like you both better each other so much. I mean I never thought I could call Montgomery nice, but he has been over the past few months." Zach said, causing me to smile slightly.
"I'll be honest, of course I wanted to get you out of the house and make you happy...But I mainly asked you to come tonight to see if you and Monty can sort things." Zach said, "I miss my parents being together and happy, okayyy? You two make me somehow believe that love is still a real thing."
"Awh Zach..." I grinned, "You are the best best friend a girl could ask for, I love you."
"And I love you too Reed." Zach smiled.

Liked by heyy_sheri, dempzee and 1,489 others

abi_reed Homecoming bound💛💫

Read all 167 comments

dempzee MY BEST FRIEND IS UNREAL!!😍
heyy_sheri ^^^ HE STOLE MY LINE😟❤
cheerstojess DAMNNNNN GIRL!🔥🔥
itshannahbaker Stunning as always🤩
abi_reed Love you all💕dempzee heyy_sheri cheerstojess itshannahbaker
cjensen I like the dress👍
tony.padilla Gorgeous!💙
itsfoley That dress is actually quite nice😊
abi_reed Thanks😊cjensen tony.padilla itsfoley
scott_reed Looking good💙
jeff.atkins Ugh a QUEEN!👑
courtney.crimsen Pretty❤
ryanshaverrr Fuck off, she's mine🖕🙄courtney.crimsen
ryanshaverrr Damnnnn😍😍
abi_reed Thank you😊💕ryanshaverrr