Chapter 14: Getting worse

"So you're sending two people who haven't been speaking to each other to France together to go get Tk..." Ken said trying to comprehend Yolie's motives.

"They are only not speaking to each other because Mimi's stubborn and scared." Yolie said driving down the road with Ken in the passengers seat.

"Yolie do you really belive sending her and this other dude to France is going to get them back together?" Ken asked.

Yolie shrugged. "It's worth a shot. Besides who else can go all the way down to France? Tai needs to be with Kari and Sora is going to stay where Tai is. Jill's mom would never let her go because she already doesn't like Matt and I can't go alone so Mimi and Izzy are the perfect options."

"And how do you think they're going to react to this?" Ken asked her with his eyebrows raised.

"Mimi will freak and Izzy will shrug. See Izzy's the calm type who loves computers and Mimi's the outgoing one. Mimi was actually the most popular girl in school last year until she gave it all up for Izzy." Yolie explained.

"And then she broke up with him?"

"Well she was feeling left out. Izzy is a genius and has all these smart friends that think Mimi's just a walking airhead. She figured once senior year was over they'd break up anyway because Izzy would go to some IV league school."

"But you don't think so?"

"I don't think either of them are happy with that arrangment." Yolie said as she pulled into the hospital parking lot. She turned towards Ken. "Who knows what's going to happen in the future but this whole situation with Kari has made me realize that we have to live in the present. I think it's time Mimi and Izzy realized that too because they are making everyone crazy."

...

"This is stupid..."

"Tai, shut up." Sora said rolling her eyes as they sat in the waiting room of where Tai would have some blood taken and tested.

He just slouched down in the chair. "I should be making sure Kari is doing okay, not wasting my time here."

"Well some of us want to make sure you aren't going to get sick too." Sora snapped.

Tai just glared at nothing in particular. "I seriously cannot believe you drove all the way here."

"So sorry I care."

"You know what I mean..."

Sora sighed. "Are you ever going to forgive me? Because I really am sorry."

"Sora, Mike's not going anywhere. He's going to still be at our school." Tai said looking over at her. "You seem to think things can just magically go back to normal."

"Why is it so bad that I want them to go back?"

"Tachi Kamyia?" The doctor said coming out of the doorway. "We're ready to take you."

"We'll talk later." Tai whispered getting up to follow the doctor.

...

"Are you out of your mind?" Mimi asked after Yolie and Ken had pulled her and Izzy outside of Kari's hospital room to tell them Yolie's plan.