Chapter Four

June 1992

Richie’s POV

I laid in my bed trying to drain out the memories of summer 1989. I decided I was going to leave now, it was the perfect time to do it. So I got up and put a few pairs of jeans, a few pairs of T-shirts, the note for stan but most importantly my favorite hoodie. I stole it from Stan in the spring when we were at the barens, well it technically isn't stealing, he let me borrow it and I just never gave it back but that's not important. After I packed my bag I ended up climbing out of my window just to make sure my parents didn’t see me and hopped on my bike i didn’t know where to go but i just kept riding. I ended up going to Stan's house because he always knew what to do. I walked over to his window and started throwing small rocks and pebbles at the window until I saw the light turn on. “What are you doing trashmouth?!” Stan whispered yelled at me, I kinda expected that. “Can we talk?” I said tears starting to stream down my cheeks. Stan panicked and moved aside, as I climbed in the window. None of the losers have seen me cry, I also haven’t told any of them about my dreams.. Stan quickly closed the window after I climbed in and sat on the bed “Chee whats wrong, did something happen!? Why do you have your backpack!?” I sighed and explained everything about my plan and about the dreams and my flashbacks then i  started to cry harder. Soon I felt Stan take off my glasses and wipe the tears off my cheeks “its okay Chee, you can stay here for a few days my parents. are out of town. Then you have to go back home, you can just tell your parents you stayed here to keep me company while my parents were away’.” stan said trying to keep his voice calm. My head fell into his lap as I kept crying. Stan held me and played with my hair. I started to calm down after a few minutes and eventually fell asleep, but that sleep didn’t last long, soon I was awoken by a slight movement and then I realized that I was basically being SPOONED by my BEST FRIEND AND I ACTUALLY LIKE IT! I quickly tried to get up but also not to wake him. I struggled to find my glasses but when i did i quickly put them on, I paused and looked at stan, I never realized how cute he looked when he was sleeping. “so peaceful” I thought to myself. I soon heard a soft voice coming from the bed “Chee? What are you doing” Stan asked in a drowsy voice, “I have to go back home stan” I replied as Stan sat up quickly “I thought you were going to stay here. You know, to see if that helps with you know” Stan said looking at me, his eyes were looking more like a sad child “I just didn’t want to impose, I thought you just asked because i was crying” i said avoiding eye contact “well i did want to be alone tonight” stan said clearly lying, i could tell because his ears were turning bright red “but your more important and  i think you should at least stay here for the night, I don't want you getting hurt. Plus its the middle of the night” Stan continued his face now completely red. I finally gave in, not that I needed any conficing, not that i was gonna tell him that. After a few minutes Stan was now up to “you hungry, Tozier?” he asked wrapping a blanket around himself. I nodded slowly “yeah I could eat” I walked towards the stairs and I saw a shadow in the bathroom then the next thing you know a THUD filled the whole house. Stan ran down the stairs and kneeled next to me in a panic “are you okay, Chee?” he asked frantic, I sat up rubbing my head with on hand and grabbing my glasses with the other “Im fine, Stanley” I smiled slightly. He nodded as he was standing up, he put his hand out, as I took it, as i tried to pull myself up the next thing you know stanley fell on top of me. I guess I don't know my own strength. After that incident we just went to sleep.