Chapter Six

New York, New York

May 28th, 2016

Richie's POV

After I finished the call with Mike and got all my dinner out of my system I remembered those pictures in my wallet. All of my life he had had those dumb photographs planted in the right side of his wallet. a four part collage of rich- age thirteen- and a few other kids his age doing dumb little poses in that dumb little photo booth back in.. what was it? ah yes. derrys own palace arcade. he didn't quite know why, but he never removed it. he hardly even remembered their names until that moment when his eyes scanned over the photo and the others names struck him one by one. his old wheezy friend Eddie Kaspbrak came first. then Bill Denbrough, stuttering little kid if he remembered right- Beverly Marsh who had the hair of a burning phoenix, and then there was mike hanlon, the first black boy I'd really ever talked to. Ben Hanscom the romanticized chubster. and.. Stanley Uris. My first ever friend. My heart jumped in my chest as I traced the outline of the boys face with my pinky finger. I smiled I don't remember the last time I thought of all of them including Stan, I really miss them. As I gathered my stuff, just throwing clothes into a backpack not really knowing how long i'd be gone. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared to death about what will happen. I After I packed I called my manager, telling him to cancel my shows and get me a room at the bed and breakfast in Derry. Then i finally got into my car and started driving off.