Hoenn Legendary, Part 1 (filler chapter)

-Alain-

Alain scrolled and tapped a few buttons on his new Holo-Caster, bored out of his mind. While the 'adults' (not including Mairin) were talking, he was off to the side, showing Charizard some entertaining videos he downloaded. The newest model of the Holo-Caster, according to Lysandre, could access the internet, making everything so much more accessible.

After laughing a little while seeing a video of a Fennekin knocking over a dining table, he closed the Holo Caster. "Ugh, I'm so bored. You, Charizard?"

Alain's Charizard, seemingly having entered its 'teen' years, sniffed, and shrugged. Usually, it would fly around, with something in mind to burn, char, scorch, or tear to pieces. However, that wasn't possible with a few Aron moving blocks around at the place Steven was showing Lysandre and Mairin. He wasn't really interested in what they were conversing about -- until he heard the term legendary Pokemon.

Legendary Pokemon... a fascinating term for every single Pokemon Trainer. It meant a one-of-a-kind, rarely seen and ultra powerful Pokemon. Of course, there were some Pokemon who could combat them on the same level, one-on-one, non-legendary to legendary. However, they were few and far in between.

Alain was pretty sure that some of them didn't even exist in Kalos.

Xerneas and Yveltal. Swearing upon their names were supposed to be an unbreakable oath, but it slowly turned into an old saying. Even Mairin would occasionally mutter, "This Xerneas-forsaken Pokemon Center," or "Speak of Yveltal." Though the actual divine Pokemon was Arceus, many regions went by their own Legendaries, Alain had found out. It was what differentiated them.

Alain walked up to Mairin, arms shoved inside his jacket pockets. "What's this about legendaries?"

Mairin turned back to him, an almost condescending expression on her face. She was a head shorter than him, and possibly a few years younger -- and she still somehow pulled off that frightening look. Mairin didn't often look that way. "We're looking at a myth, and we think it might be related to Mega Evolution. Have you heard of Legendaries Mega Evolving?"

Alain shook his head.

Lysandre turned around, smiling. "It's two tablets about 'opening a gate'. We shall go there at once."

As it turned out, the place Steven had led them to was only a short distance away from this 'gate' mentioned. Two tall stone pillars, with engravings decorating them until the very top. Both of them broke off into crumbles near the top, implying that they may have been taller. An ornate mandala was engraved into the sort of platform they were standing on.

The three 'adults' were murmuring amongst themselves, but one thing that continued to be said was the word 'giant rock'. It seemed to be of importance to Mairin, Lysandre, and Steven.

"Put your hand on the stone pillar, Mairin." Steven had done the same, looking back to her. His Key Stone seemed to be shimmering brighter. Mairin nodded, and pressed her hand up against the pillar, expecting a rainbow light to appear before them or something out of the ordinary, as what happened usually during Mega Evolution.

That was when everyone's thoughts were proven wrong.