3 - Aella

Thwack!

The punching bag shuddered and swung back and forth. I moved back and forth nimbly on my toes as I punched it again, sending it flying again.

I stayed there for some more time, punching out all my anger and frustration.

I didn't even know why I was so flustered and frustrated.

Maybe it was the thought of having to go back home. Not that I hated my house or my family. I had a loving family and a nice, cosy bedroom.

I just didn't belong there.
All the gangs shit, it wasn't for me. I tried. I tried so many times to tell Dad to stop. Stop dealing with them, give up the gun. If he had listened to me and hadn't gotten us into this crap, maybe mom would've still been alive.

Or maybe it was the mere thought of having Marcus Black back at school. Just because I didn't retaliate didn't mean I didn't feel.

Dry tears choked up my throat.
Thwack!

I punched the bag repeatedly five more times before I caught it and leaned on it slightly.

"Your stance is wrong.",a deep voice echoed behind me in the empty stadium.

I quickly turned around.

Speak of the Devil.

My eyes narrowed when I saw him standing there. I pursed my lips tightly and turned back around, taking my original stance. I punched the bag four more times and then placed a palm on it to stop it from swinging.

I heard footsteps and a bag being placed down. Quick footsteps followed, fading quickly as they slowed down to a stop.

I sighed and breathed a little heavily from all the exertion as I turned around.
"What do you want?",I asked.

He was wearing a red shirt and black shorts. There were white bandages around his knuckles, as if he had come prepared for a good session of boxing.

He showed off his toned legs in those shorts and his arms bulged at the biceps as he crossed them. His broad shoulders  completely stretched out the fabric of his shirt. His eyes looked shadowed in the lights of the stadium. His dark hair fell in ringlets on his forehead. His bushy eyebrows and long eyelashes made his eyes looked darker.

"What do I want? You're the one who's been ignoring me.",Marcus said, his dark eyes glimmering.

"Do I know you?",I asked, rolling my eyes as I turned back again, regaining my stance.

"Yes you do, Aella King.",a smirk took over his tone.
"Aella King."

Old memories resurfaced so fast I thought I would pass out. Me, cornered in the hallway, while Marcus and his friends surrounded me. Shadows danced across his eyes as he tried to scare me by dangling a cockroach from the biology lab in front of my face.

Another memory where he had poured orange juice in my pasta.

"Aella King.",he would call out, but now it was not just a voice that rang in my ears. He actually stood in front of me, all muscle and smirks and not an annoying, ten year old, gap toothed ass, saying my name again and again.