5 - Aella

My eyes slowly fluttered open. I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes. The bright red of the clock beside my bed hurt my eyes. I squinted to read the time. It was four forty five in the morning.

It was still dark outside. The pool water gently swished around. The trees in the garden blew cold wind into my room. I shivered as I got up and closed the open balcony door. I had a bad habit of leaving my balcony door open all the time.

My sleep was completely gone so I decided to go for boxing now. There wouldn't be anybody to annoy me and there would be so much peace. I revelled in my thoughts as I put on sweatpants and sleeveless, white shirt. I tied the bandages around my knuckles and tucked my hair into a bun. I tugged on a black hoodie and fastened up my running shoes.

I pulled out my iPod and its earphones from my dresser and stuffed it into my pocket. I gently closed my bedroom door behind me as I slung my boxing kit on my shoulder and creeped downstairs.

With every creak of the step, every noise I cringed and finally made my way to the front door. If I went anywhere without Dad's knowledge, he hated it.

I looked around quickly to see if any of his minions were there. I hurried over the wide lawn and practically sprinted to the compound wall at the back. I easily climbed the wall and jumped across it to the other edge, careful not to cut my hand on the glass edges, something I usually did when I wanted to sneak out.

The dark light of the morning called me invitingly. I rubbed my hands together and sprinted slowly. I could go to the stadium blindfolded. I plugged in my earphones and started jogging.

There was a lot of tension in my muscles as I stretched out at intervals to relieve the tension. I finally reached the stadium. It looked like a simple wooden door in an alleyway but it had stairs which led downstairs to a boxing ring. It was the only place I visited apart from school. I'd practically grown up here.

I quickly jogged down the spiral staircase and walked into the stadium. I froze in my spot as I saw the black, worn-out punching bag flying in the air in a pendulum-like motion. Loud thuds echoed through the stadium as somebody relentlessly punched the bag. Finally, the bag stopped to a rest and my eyes zeroed in on none other than Marcus Black who stood still, staring at the punching bag like a vicious animal about to pounce on its prey.

He finally stepped away from the bag and took off his worn-out gloves. He threw them on the floor beside him as he grabbed his water bottle and gulped down some water.

What the hell is he doing here?

He picked up the hem of his sleeveless black shirt to wipe his face, revealing his broad chest and his perfect abs and his v-line which ended at the rim of his boxing shorts. Sweat glided down his body and his hair fell matted on his face.

He had definitely transformed from being a skinny eight year old to a Greek God.

He abruptly stopped when he noticed me standing in the shadows. He dropped his shirt and placed his hands on his hips as he grinned.
"Well, hello there, dollface."

I rolled my eyes and stepped forward. I placed my bag down and picked out my boxing gloves.

"Don't you think you're taking the stalking a bit too far by coming here at five in the morning?",I said, getting up on the podium.

"Well, how else am I supposed to make you talk to me.",he said cheekily as he went back to standing in front of the punching bag.

There was another punching bag hanging on the other end. I walked over to it. I never really used it. It was fairly new compared to the black one. The leather smelt fresh and it was stiff.