Chapter 14

Harry’s POV

I had just left Isla’s room when I was surrounded by the rest of the group and was bombarded with questions.

“How is she?”

“Is she okay?”

“What did she say?”

“Can we see her?”

“What happened?” 

“Umm…yeah, she okay, um…I told her you guys wanted to see her. Go ahead, I’ll tell you guys what happened later. I have to, um…talk to Niall,” I said, suddenly realizing what just happened and how it’s going to affect everything. Especially things between me and Niall. If anything, I was left more confused than I was before I talked to her.

“I think you should,” Liam said, “just call me if things get…you know, bad.”

I just nodded and headed towards the direction that Niall stormed off to. I just walked around, looking everywhere where Niall might be. I don’t think he would’ve left the hospital because I know that he wants to see Isla. I had been walking around for about 10 minutes when I decided to look for a washroom since I needed to go.

I found one around the corner and walked in and was surprised when I saw Niall hunched over the sink with his head down and his hands on the counter. He didn’t know it was me since he didn’t look up so I cleared my throat. 

He looked up at me through the reflection on the mirror and I saw that his eyes were all red and puffy. I felt horrible. I was just in his girlfriend’s room kissing her and he was here crying his eyes out. I’m a horrible person.

“What?” he asked me.

We were just staring at each other, me not knowing what to say. 

“Are you happy now? You got what you wanted. You have Isla now,” he said.

Those words hurt me.

“You know that’s not true and that was not my intention,” I said nervously, “I don’t know what to say about the whole Isla thinking that we’re still together thing but I wanted to tell you that I am deeply sorry about kissing her at your place. It wasn’t right and I didn’t mean for you to get hurt.

“You mean you didn’t mean for me to find out,” he retorted, “right?”

“Niall, no. If I could take it back, I would, I really would,” I said, “it would mean that you wouldn’t hate me and this wouldn’t have happened to Isla. I blame myself for everything. I deserve it that you hate me. I just wanted you to know that I really am sorry.”

He didn’t say anything but he looked like he was in deep thought.

“I don’t…hate you. I’m just angry, mostly with myself,” he said. “It was my fault too. I should’ve let her explain. I just thought that I was going to lose her to you.”

Even though it hurts me to say it but I had to tell him what she told me that night.

“She loves you, Niall. She told me. She loves you more than anything. She doesn’t have feelings for me anymore,” I said. “You’re her everything.”

“Really?” he said. I could see his reflection on the bathroom mirror and saw him smile. But then it slowly went away. “But that’s not the case anymore, is it? She doesn’t remember. She doesn’t love me anymore.” 

“She does. She just doesn’t remember. And we will do anything we can to help her remember,” I said, sadly, “she's happy with you. And that’s all I want for her.”