Unfair realities

Reaching the studio, they were greeted with the sight of all the other members lazing around. Jin and Yoongi were sprawled on the bean bags while Namjoon was scrolling through his phone with his headphones on. The 95 duos were lying on the floor sharing earphones and nodding their head to whichever song they were listening to. The first one to notice them was Taehyung who jumped up to greet the two.

Hana, Jimin and Taehyung had grown a lot closer once the duo had found out that Hana was the same age as them. Though the others were warm towards her as well, they both had taken her into their circle and bonded over well with each other. As a result, she had grown more comfortable with them, often hanging out with them.

‘Hana!!! Kook-ah!!! Come here, hear this song. It’s a total bop!’ Taehyung exclaimed as he dragged the two to the corner he was earlier occupying. He snatched the phone off Jimin’s hand and connected it to the speaker.

‘Yah Taehyung! I was listening to that.’ Jimin whined pouting cutely while Taehyung cooed at him. This was a common sight for the rest as the two often bickered, ending in cute actions and laughter.  

A groovy song blasted through the speaker as they sat all settled down. Soon Jimin had dragged Hana to dance with him for the song, pulling in his flirtatious persona. As they giggled together, flirting and dancing closely, Jungkook felt a spark flare-up in his chest. He didn’t know how to define it or what to do about it but he definitely knew he wanted to be in the place of Jimin.

Few days had passed since that incident and the boys were preparing for the shooting of their new MV. They had started posting snippets and few abstract clues here and there to rile up their fans. Before they knew it, they were at the set rehearsing and going over their choreography once again. The MV only had few seconds of them dancing together while the other scenes would show them in individual plots that would be an entry point for their next album. All of them were very excited and it was evident on all their faces.

‘Guys! We’ll shoot the dance sequence first and then take the individual shots after that. Some of your sets are still in need to be perfected.’ Hana informed them as she walked away to look over the stuff.

Jungkook and she had been much more comfortable after their talk and the atmosphere had lightened up. Even the boys were glad that their Maknae was finally coming around and becoming more comfortable in the presence of females. Little did they know that the youngest was not as young anymore.

He looked at her retreating form as he tried to calm his nerves down. He couldn’t help but notice her figure which was accentuated by the short jumpsuit she was wearing paired up with a blazer and heels. She looked like she owned the place and Jungkook was surely screwed. He had not been able to calm down his heart or not notice her whenever she was around. That had proved to be a big problem for him as he often had to excuse himself.

After the filming ended for the day, they headed home to get some rest. They had an early morning schedule the next day and the day had been hectic as it is. Though Jungkook knew it would be a long night after he had some pretty vivid daydreams on the set. 

After they had filmed the whole MV over a span of three days, the staff alongside the members went to a nearby restaurant to celebrate the successful filming. 

‘Hana! Congratulations on the first video!!!’ The 95 duo yelled and they burst out in laughter.

‘Thank you, guys! Congrats to you all too. You worked really hard to pull this off!’ She exclaimed hugging the two back as they engulfed her.

‘I feel you might be finding your niche.’ Namjoon said toasting to her and she smiled.

‘Maybe. We’ll just have to see how it goes.’ she settled down between Taehyung and Jungkook, picking off fries from Taehyung’s plate as he protested. She stuffed them in her mouth as Taehyung pouted while Jimin; sitting beside him, gave him a back hug with a smile on his face.

‘Will you join us for America then? Planning the performances and stuff?’ Jin asked while digging in his food. That seemed to catch her attention and others as well. She sat down a little straighter and took a sip from her drink.

‘I don’t think that will be possible. I could help in pre-production planning and designing stuff but I can’t join in officially.’ she stated and Jungkook felt his gut hit the hearth.

‘Why? I mean it would be great if you could join us. We can work on stuff if it strikes us. And you like travelling as it is.’ Taehyung said seriously, putting everyone in momentary shock. He always played around too much but seldom was he this serious.

‘Ah Tae, I wish. I actually have a commitment in Paris. I am teaching regular lectures for a few weeks, so I’ll be off to there.’ she said with a sad smile and patted his thigh. Though she didn’t know that someone else was extremely sad as well.

‘So, when do you leave for Paris? How long will you stay there?’ Namjoon questioned and she sighed. She knew it was no use to postpone the inevitable. And she at least owed them the truth.

‘The next weekend. As for how long I’ll stay, I don’t know. I’ll see what comes my way after that.’ she muttered.

‘So are you not planning to come back, Hana?’ Jimin asked suddenly. It looked like he was close to crying.

‘I am not sure Jimin. I came here because Uncle asked me as a favour. I am not sure if I get to come back or not.’ She sighed as Taehyung and Jimin wrapped her in another hug.

‘That’s not fair Hana!’ they exclaimed.

‘But what about our album? What about our comeback? Won’t you be a part of that since you are the concept head.’ Yoongi said.

‘Ah Hana-yah. You can’t leave us hanging like this. You surely need to come back.’ Hoseok piped in and everyone murmured in agreement.

‘Let’s see how it pans out boys before coming to any conclusion. First, you need to focus on your performance and trip.’ she said in an attempt to deviate the conversation.

After dinner, everyone was heading back. The staff and the boys were to leave when it started raining. Everyone sighed as they ran inside their vehicles. Most of them left soon. When the boys were all settled in their van, suddenly Hoseok started to feel nauseous. 

‘Ah… I’m not feeling well.’ he laid down with his head on Jimin’s lap who was sitting beside him.

‘Let’s head back then. Why are we waiting here hyung?’ Jimin questioned. The others had left in another van leaving him, Hoseok and Jungkook behind.

‘I’m waiting for Hana. I forgot to give her these files before she left.’ Hoseok sighed.

‘We’ll give her this on our way to the dorm then.’ Jungkook said as Hoseok shook his head no.

‘She lives on the other side of the city. It’ll take longer.’ Jimin said as he stroked Hoseok’s hair.

‘I’ll wait here then. You both go ahead. Hobi hyung doesn’t look too well.’ Jungkook said with concern.

‘But what about you?’ Jimin asked.

‘I’ll take a cab home after giving her the file.’ Jungkook said as he took the file from Hoseok’s hands.

‘I’ll be fine hyung. It’s ok. Take care of Hobi hyung. I’ll call if I have any problems.’ Jungkook said as he got down to the van and ran to the shed. He watched as the van drove away and wiped his face. It was pouring heavily and though he had only ran a few steps, his hair and clothes were half wet. He ran his hands through his hair waiting for Hana and popped in his earphones.

Hana drove back to the location cursing her luck. She needed the documents from Hoseok to plan their next step and as she was leaving soon, she was low on time. It did not help that it was pouring down, making it quite difficult to drive. As she reached the driveway, she spotted Jungkook sitting alone in the shed. She picked up her phone to call him, only to find it dead. She tried honking the car but it was clear he didn’t notice her. Hastily getting out, she ran towards him.