Back Home...

Can you meet me at the Han River this Saturday at 8?

His face broke in a broad smile looking at the message he had just received. He felt his heart would burst out any moment now. He kept it down though, as he was surrounded by his hyungs and didn't want to let them know yet. He didn't know what she was planning but hopefully, he'll get his answers soon.

Saturday came sooner than her anticipation. She finally landed in Seoul and headed to her house. Getting ready, she headed out with her car. She reached the river bank around an hour earlier than her appointment. She got out and sat at one of the steps, letting the breeze subtly tickle her in the face. She took in the sight in front of her and soaking in the air of Seoul. It felt so different yet like something that was meant to be.

She didn't realise when the time flew by or when someone came and took a seat beside her. She had her eyes closed, just lost in her world. Suddenly she felt a familiar hand snaking their way around her waist. She went rigid for a moment but then realised who it was, relaxed. She kept her head on his shoulder and sighed.

'I somehow feel I am home.' she said and he chuckled lightly.

'Welcome home then!' he exclaimed and she smiled.

'How have you been? How is everyone? How was America?' she asked, her eyes still closed.

'It was fun. Exhausting but fun. We have been okay I guess. Could have been far better if someone had graced us with their presence but I guess we have been fine.' he said in a fake mocking tone and she nudged him lightly.

'Ah... Tell me.' she whined slightly.

'To be honest, I missed you. We all missed you, so much. Hobi hyung has been on the verge of crying because he had lost his Sprite buddy, though.' he muttered and she broke out in soft laughter.

'I'll make sure to treat him to lots of Sprite then!' she exclaimed.

'How have you been?' he asked seriously after a few silent moments. She nuzzled into his side a little more.

'It was okay. The job was more challenging than I had thought and Paris was kind to me like forever. Though I feel Namjoon's word kinda always stayed with me.' she sighed.

'Namjoon hyung? What did he say?' he asked. She lifted her head off his shoulder and looked at him.

'He had mentioned about me finding my niche here. At the time it was a random question I guess. But it kept bothering me every time. I felt myself questioning if I was really enjoying what I was doing. I mean I like teaching and research work but then none of my earlier experiences could compare to what I had with you all while working at BigHit. So it just kept coming back to me.' she stated.

'Then? What do you think of it now? What will you do?' he questioned.

'I think I'll have a talk with Uncle in a few days. Maybe he can give me my job as your concept head back. What do you say?' she gave him a small sneaky smile as his face lightened up. He quickly engulfed her in a big hug.

'I say he'll be more than willing to have you back. If he is not then I'm sure we can convince him one way or other. Jin hyung will be more than happy to contribute to that!' he exclaimed as they both broke out into bouts of laughter.

'Well, that calls for celebration then! How about ice cream? What will you have?' he asked in excitement, standing up and pulling her up.

'Sure. By the way, thank you so much Tae! You are truly the best friend one could ever ask for!' she exclaimed as he gave her his square smile.

'Well, anything for you love! Now about that ice-cream!' and with that, they went to grab something to celebrate.

Double update... Also how many of you thought it was Jk... I mean it could've been but then... Yeah... Need to keep high tension...
We're coming closer to end as well.
💜💜💜