Chapter 2

Knock knock.

"Who is it?" I asked. 

"Your mom," Joked Jamie.

"Come in you little retard..." I said in a joking manner. 

The door opened and there she was.

 "Whats wrong?" she asked. 

"Really pajamas?" I asked. 

"It is Sunday, no judge," she said, in an over protected wet funny way. "Anyway, what is wrong!!??" she screamed.

"My parents are getting a divorce," I said extremely fast.

"What?" she asked in a shocked tone.

"I know right, it shocked me to." I said.

"Are you okay?" asked Jamie.

"I really don't know?" I said and started to drift away.

We sat there in utter silence. Jamie tried making up little conversation but I guess that after 30 minutes she just decided to give me some space and go home. I didn’t argue because I knew she was right. I needed to think.

"Bye," said Jamie and hugged me, and just before closing the door she said "See you tomorrow at school,"

She shut the door and I just sat there, after 2 hours my mom came in and brought me some food. Fries and steak with some onion rings.

"Thanks," I said. 

"Your welcome, sweetie," she said.

Just before my mom went out I asked her:

"When is dad going to move out?"

"Sometime next week," said mom.

"Okay," I said, feeling a tear threaten to come out of my eye. I quickly blinked not wanting my mother to see me cry.

I ate the food, it tasted like fairies moon walking on my tongue and it was really good. And that really shows, that food is always there for you, through good and bad times. After dinner I went downstairs and literally threw my late in the sink and walked up to my parents. 

As I got closer to the end of the stairs I heard my parents scream.

"EVERYTHING!!!" my mother screamed.

“What do you mean everything is wrong Ellen?” My father asked with a frustrated look on his face. 

"DONT PRETEND LIKE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU DO, YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT EVERYTHING MEANS” my mother yelled after him. 

“ENLIGHTEN ME ELLEN”

WELL EVERYTHING MEANS THAT YOU ARE THE REASON WHY OUR DAUGHTER IS CRYING BECAUSE HER PARENTS ARE GETTING A DIVORCE AFTER 15 YEARS OF MARRIAGE AND YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY?? BECAUSE YOU SLEPT WITH YOUR SECRETARY. AND DON’T YOU EVEN DARE SAY THAT WE DIDN'T TRY BECAUSE WE DID. I WENT TO THERAPY FOR 3 MONTHS JUST TO MAKE THINGS WORK FOR SKYLER’S SAKE AND WHAT DO YOU DO YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR BOSS!” my mother said all in one big long breath.

I felt shock and anger rise upon me, and the angry Skyler just came out.

"What?" I said as I began to cry. 

"Dad is that true?" I asked with pure anger.

He sat there and continued to watch the television. 

"DAD, ANSWER ME!!" I screamed. 

Still no reply.

"SO IT IS, YOU CHEATED ON MY MOTHER!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!" I said and tears started running down my cheeks.

"Yes I cheated on your mother," he said. 

I just looked at him in disappointment and lost it, I picked up a pillow and threw it at him and screamed:

"SHE IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU!" 

Then I ran upstairs, slammed my door and cried in my pillow. I woke up the next morning to the sound of my iPhone sing 'Don't worry, be happy' and cried a bit. Then I got up and got ready for school. I wore a black cardigan over a white tank top and skinny jeans. I walked downstairs, grabbed a energy bar and walked out the door ignoring my parents and as I slammed the front door and then I started to think about how my mom must have felt, so I walked back into the house, hugged my mom and said:

"I am on your side, " she pressed me tight.

“Thank you" she whispered.

 We let go and I walked straight out the door ignoring my dad. I walked across to Jamies house and we walked together to school. I told her everything and right after I finished she hugged me and said:

"You poor thing, mama's got ya." in a country girls type of voice.

Which of course made me laugh. When we reached school, I walked to my locker and got my things and when I turned around I bumped into someone. 

"I am so sorry!" said somone with a familiar voice. I looked up and it was the guy who stole my lemon tree. 

Written by: Janine (_MoonFollower_)