Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I was walking to my next class, when I felt a tug on my shoulder. I turned around and to my surprise, I saw Bradley with a half-smile.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hi,” I replied.

“Umm, I wanted to ask you if I may walk you to your tree today.” He asked looking nervous.

“Mmm, no.” I said in a joking matter.

“What?” He asked in a shocked tone.

“I am kidding, of course. What time?” I asked.

He laughed and looked relieved.

“How about after school?” He said.

“Sure,” I said with a big smile plastered to my face.

“I will pick you up at the gate, enjoy your class, tree lover.” He said.

“Will do, Bradley Stevens,” I said. Then I walked to class.

RIIINNNNNGGGG!!!

That was my cue. I walked to my locker, threw my books in there and then walked to the gate.

“You finally decided to show up,” he said.

“What do you mean, the bell just rang,” I said looking confused.

“Your exactly one minute late” he said and then cracked out a laugh.

“You got me there,” I said.

“Ready to go?” he said.

“Only if you are,” I replied.

We started walking to the lemon tree.

“So tell me about you,” he said.

“Well my name is Skylar Rose; I am 14 years old, I was born on the 2nd of September, 2000. I am an only child. My favourite colours are blue and purple. I love the numbers 7 and 8. I am quiet but my best friend isn’t at all, that’s why I love her. And I love my lemon tree. Your turn,” I replied.

“Wow,” he said.

“Your turn!” I said.

“Okay, well, I like the colour blue too, my favourite number is 11. I am 14 years old too, born on the 19th of April, 2000. I have an older brother that is 22 and I am an uncle. I have two best friends, Miles and Jacob. I am not quiet nor do I like books, but I like cute girls, especially the one standing next to me,” he said and looked at me with an adorable smile.

I felt my cheeks turn red. He chuckled.

“We are here!” he said. We both sat down and looked at the lemons. I can’t believe I am here with the schools hottest guy! Bradley started standing up, oh no, why is he getting up. What did I do wrong? He looked at me and then looked at the lemon tree. He then raised his hand and picked a lemon. He looked at me and then threw the lemon at me.

“Ouch,” I said. Then I took the lemon and threw it back at him as hard as I could. It hit him.

“SCORE!” I shouted out.

“Feisty!” he said and then threw the lemon at me again.

“How dare you!” I said with a light chuckle.

“Mwahahaha,” he joked.

“Thank you, I had a good time,” I said, while walking up to my house door.

“The pleasure is all mine,” he said and laughed.

“Umm, see you at school tomorrow,” I said and started twisting the door knob.

“Wait, Skylar. Umm, can I have your number please?” he said and started blushing.

“Yeh sure, can I have your phone to write it down?” I asked.

“I forgot it at home, but you can write it on a piece of paper or something,” he said and smiled.

I grabbed a pen out of my bag and wrote my number on his arm.

“Or you could just do that,” he said with a light chuckle.

“Well, bye,” I said.

“Bye,” he said.

I opened my door and walked to the kitchen.

“Hi sweetie. How was your day?” asked my mom.

“Hi mom, nothing special,” I lied.

“Oh, well dinner is almost ready,” said mom.

“Okay, call me when it’s ready,” I started walking upstairs. When I reached my room, I ran straight to my phone and checked it, nothing. I walked to my bed and whaled onto it. And then I just laid there waiting for him to call me or send a text.

Peep, went my phone. And then I quickly ran over to it and answered it.

Me: Hello?

Bradley: Hey, it’s me, Bradley. How are you?

Me: I am good and you?

Bradley: I am okay. I just wanted to text you so that you know that this is my number.

Me: Okay.

Bradley: What are you doing?

Me: Texting you.

Bradley: Besides that.

Me: Lying on my bed. U?

Bradley: Listening to music.

Me: Nice.

“SKYLAR!!” screams my mom.

Me: Sorry, got to go and eat, bye.

Bradley: Enjoy, bye.

Hi guys, sorry it’s not the best chapter ever. I wrote this chapter three times, because I forgot to save it the other two times. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it. J Comment and tell Bibas and I what you think of the story so far. Until next time my fellow readers!

Written by: @_MoonFollower_