Stop It With That Smug Look! -mini chapter-

Hau POV
"Moon, please don't," I pleaded. She only gave me a smug smirk in reply.
"I'm gonna." Her grin grew eviler.
"Moooon! Pleeeease don't." I tugged on her arm as she started to swim away.
"I have had to watch your stupid pining for 2 weeks. I am going to tell him if you don't." She gave a strong flip of her tail to propel herself toward the surface. I responded with trying to pull her back down.
"What if he doesn't feel the same?" I tried.
"He definitely does, but in that hypothetical, hmmm...." She paused for a second. "The worst that would happen is he respectfully declines and continues to be our friend."
"Y-you don't know that!" I yanked back down.
"Yes I do."
"Wha— how?" She slipped her arm out of my grasp. And floated back up with a shrug and another smug look.
"I have my ways, ya know," she giggled with a wink.

- - 2 days ago, 3rd person POV- -

"Stop that." Gladion glared at the mermaid with the smug face. She opened her mouth to speak, but he got to it first. "Whatever you're planning, stop it."
"I'm not planning anything," Moon said, swaying on her arms. "But yoooouu should," she said in a sing-song-y voice.
"Wh-"
"You liiiiike him don't you." The mermaid's smirk intensified. The look on Gladion's face spelled it all out. It was a mix of anger, shock, fear, and embarrassment. He was flabbergasted that she'd deduced his feelings.
"N-no!" He deflected. "I don't like him like that. We're friends, that's all." He looked away from her face but he could tell she was grinning with a devilish delight.
"No. We're friends. You two? Now that's something more, shall I say, romantic?" She was postured like a sassy Meowth on the beach. Gladion was at a loss for words. Then he finally realized what she was planning.
"Don't—"
"Oh I'm gonna."