Prologue

Olive was inside her office when she heard a series of knocks on her door. She immediately stood up and opened it. "O, Dr. Alvarez, come in. Ang aga mo naman, Doc? What's up?" Olive said as she leads her unexpected guest inside of her office. "Wala naman, I just want to talk to you.", Dr. Alvarez replied in a serious tone which made Olive feel a bit uncomfortable. Hindi siya sa sanay sa kaibigan niyang nagseseryoso. She's been like this for a couple of weeks now. She didn't showed up for a while. Kaya laking gulat niya ng bumisita ito sa office niya. "Oh, have a sit first, Cynths. I'll go get us something to drink. Coffee, tea, or water?" Olive asked as she went to the little kitchen inside her office. "I prefer water at this moment," Cynthia replied coldly which made Olive feel more nervous. "O-okay.", Olive said as she opened her mini-refrigerator to get water. She headed immediately to the seat where Cynthia sat on. Umupo naman siya sa isang upuan na nakaharap sa kaibigan niya. There was a moment of silence. She can see the bothered face of her friend. Cynthia drinks her water and spilled the moment. "Thanks for this, Dr. Enriquez.", she said plainly. "Naku. Wala yun, tsaka please, don't call me that. Kinakabahan ako eh.", Olive responded truthfully. "Ba't ka naman kakabahan? Have you done something wrong para kabahan ka?," Cynthia told her sarcastically which shocked her. "Ha? No. None. I mean, wala naman. It's just that you're acting weird this past few weeks and I'm not used to it. You're not like that, Cynths. Ano bang problema mo? You can talk to me, always. You know that.", Olive reassured her friend. Cynthia nodded and straightened herself up. "Well, Olive, can I ask you something?", Cynthia added. "Yeah. What is it?", Olive answered. "What would you feel if magsisinungaling ako sa'yo?" Cynthia asked. She looks so serious with her question. "Ahm, well, I'll feel bad. And I...I...I don't know.", Olive shook her head. "Teka nga bat mo natanong yan, Cynths?", dagdag ni Olive. "Oh, you'll feel bad, huh?", Cynthia addressed as she stood up and turned her back against her friend 'cause she  could no longer control her anger. Everything is just so overwhelming. The truth she knew made her more angry with her friend. Her heart beats faster and faster that she wants to burst out already. The pain, the past, bumalik lahat sa isip niya and made her cry. "Hey, you alright, Cynths?", Olive asked worriedly as she stood up and tried to touch Cynthia's back but Cynthia warned her not to. "Don't. Touch. Me.", halata naman ang galit sa tono ni Cynthia. It made Olive cry. "Cynths, what's going on? Cmon, we can talk about it. Please, don't act like this. Im worried. Im afraid.", Olive said. Cynthia is now trying to control her anger then she faced Olive. "We're friends--,", Olive was cut off when Cynthia slapped her. Napaupo naman si Olive dahil sa lakas ng sampal ni Cynthia. "Friends? Talaga kaibigan? ang kapal ng mukha mong tawagin akong kaibigan. Wala akong kaibigang sinungaling, manloloko at higit sa lahat walang puso!!", Cynthia pointed out. Hawak hawak pa din ni Olive ang pisngi niya. Both of them cried at the moment. Olive could not speak, she's now filled with guilt. She figured out the reason why Cynthia slapped her. "Ang tagal, Olive. Ang tagal! Pano mo nagawa sakin yun?! Pano mo nagawang itago ang buong katotohanan from me?! Pano Olive!! Wala kang awa. Alam mo kung gaano ka painful sa akin ang lahat! Alam mo kung gaano ko kagustong magsimula ulit, buuin ulit yung buhay ko! Alam mo lahat!! Nakita mo kung gano ako kadesperada sa katotohanan! I looked for them, I longed to see them, but what did you do?! Ha?! Ipinagdamot mo sakin yung katotohanan!! I trusted you Olive, I trusted you with my life. Tinuring kitang kapatid!! Why? Why Olive, why?", Cynthia cried harder. Walang nagawa si Olive kundi umiyak din. Alam niyang kasalanan niya. She stood up again and attempted to hug Cynthia. "I'm so sorry, Cynths. I'm so sorry."she said but umilag si Cynthia. "Sorry?! Yun lang?! Olive, buong buhay ko, napagkaitan ako ng pagmamahal. Pano na lang yung mga anak ko?! Ngayon, alam mo ba, nakikita ko sa mata nila yung galit sa nanay na inakala nilang nang-iwan sa kanila!! Tapos, SORRY?! Tell me Olive, how can your sorry bring back the trust na sinira mo na?! How can you make my daughter trust and believe me again with that sorry of yours?! Pano, Olive?!", Cynthia responded. "I'm so sorry,Cynths. Naduwag ako. Natakot ako.", Olive begged Cynthia as she cried harder, too. "Naduwag?! what the!! Ang sakit sakit Olive! Alam mo ba yun?! Napakaselfish mo! It's over! Tama na'ng pagsisinungaling mo. Nakakalimot man ang isip, pero ang puso, hindi. Mananatiling buhay ang alaala ng mga anak ko sa puso ko!! ", Cynthia said as she wiped her tears and picked her bag na nasa upuan na kinauupuan niya kanina. "Alam mo, you're right. You're such a coward, Olive. Pati kami ng mga anak ko, dinamay mo!", she added. "Cynt---", Olive said but Cynthia cut her off. "Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Name!", she said firmly then left immediately leaving Olive speechless.