Five

Their discussion eased a huge weight on their shoulders. The days were easier so very easy. Most days Emma would come by to play and play is literally all they did, nothing more. Emma didn't mind because it proved that this new relationship didn't revolve around sex, but as the weeks progressed things got harder.

Of course the reason being is their previous relationship status before and Regina is a single mother off two. Most times she could only sneak off into her room and call Emma when the girls were sleeping and she completely felt off her game, being a mother that is. It's hard when you feel like a child too and you just didn't want to do it at the time; but Emma scolds her often and reminded her that she has responsibilities as a big girl.

Like today, the big day, an important beauty pageant: The Mommy Daughter Pageant. Boy is Mary excited that her, her mother, The famous Regina Mills is in the pageant with her. Of course Regina hired someone to do Mary's makeup and she sat in the mirror, Regina paced behind her endlessly.

"Mama please relax, you'll ruin your dress." She begs without moving more than half of her face muscles. Now that's talent.

"I'm trying Snow-are you okay?" Snow laughs at her anxious mother and nods.

"Yes I'm okay." The makeup artist finishes and allows Mary to stand to her feet. A broad smile forms on Regina's face as she stares in awe at her beautiful child. Sometimes she can't believe she created such a child.

"You are the fairest of them all dear," Mary blushes at her mother's sincere compliment but laughs at the pun. Not only does she call her daughter Snow, but the main category for the pageant is fairy tale. How ironic that Mary is Snow White and the Evil Queen suits her mother perfectly.

Her red velvet dress compliments Snows elegant primary colors perfectly. Her perfect black hair is half pinned to a perfect swoop on the top of her head and her make up is phenomenal. Snow wants to be like her mother one day. She's so pretty and perfect.

"Don't look at me like that dear. Come on, walk for me chop chop."

Mary immediately straightens her posture with practice and walks along the clear path way of the dressing room area. They got their own room because of Regina and everyone would be trampling her for pictures if they didn't.

"Chin up, dear. You're a princess."

"I know," Mary smiles and then looks up to her mother with big green eyes when she comes back.

"You look just like your father," Regina adds. She means no harm, but Mary hates that trait. She wants to look like her mother more than anything and be her mother. So comments like that hurts her, but her mother doesn't see it.

"Girls, you need to be lined up in 5," the stage director reminds. Regina thanks her and carefully kneels down to be eye level with her daughter.

"I know you're used to winning but-"

"I'm going to win Mama I refuse to lose. Then I won't be able to participate in Miss Maine Teen this year and then I'll have to do this all over again.

"I know...." Regina sighs at the intensity but she doesn't want her daughter to hold the bar too high for herself. "Don't think for a second that just because I'm in this pageant means you'll win. These girls are experts like you, this isn't going to be easy like the other ones. Their moms were in pageants and-"

"So were you," Mary reminds. Regina nods at that, not wanting to think about her past too much, and quickly stands. She holds out her hand for her daughter and they both walk back stage for line up.