Thirty Five

A/n: I don't know if this helps but when I write this book (for this entire time) I imagine Bailee Madison as Snow white. I should've said that a long time ago sorry lol.

"A dragon? Cora has a dragon?" Regina questions with a lifted brow. The old king before her nods and begins to explain further.

"My people call it the Jabberwocky. We, of course, did not want to sign the treaty but she has taken everything Regina. And she continued to use the dragon to burn down a village every week until I gave her power over my kingdom."

"You should've come to me sooner then," Regina grumbles in her seat.

She came to learn what has been going on with this kingdom to learn more about her mother's whereabouts but talking about that witch has made her lose her appetite. Instead of eating, she gently pets the giant wolf beside her to soothe herself.

"Good girl," she praises to the patient beast and rewards her with a juicy chicken leg.

"It wasn't easy. I have been swamped but thankfully you are here now." The king smiles.

"A quarter of my army will be here tomorrow. You are to declare war with Cora and revolt against that treaty immediately. In return for joining peace we will help you revive your burned villages. But as you may know, any act of law you may take has to be run through me first."

"Absolutely," The king agrees wholeheartedly. "Thank you so much Regina. I'm eternally grateful." The king stands to bow.

"It's my pleasure King Midas." Regina bows as well.

"Now, where did you find such a fine specimen? I've heard tales of these kinds of wolves but they are much more beautiful in person." The king gushes as he admires Red's form. Regina grins down at the wolf feasting on chicken bone and warns the King,

"Red isn't for sale dear. And if you touch her, she'll bite off your hand." The King chuckles at Regina's teasing and asks,

"Is she good in battle?"

"Yes, why do you ask?"

"Because, from what I hear, Cora has a few dozen beasts of this kind as well. You aren't the only one with a mega werewolf."

Just hearing that from the King stops Red from eating. She sits up in sitting position, flicking her ears at the sudden shift in the room. She can feel an uneasiness from Regina that she doesn't quite understand. Inwardly, the beautiful Queen is cursing herself for forgetting such a grave detail.

"Yes well I'm sure we could handle Cora either way. I must go." Is all Regina says before tapping her thigh as an order for Red to follow.

Once they make it out of the castle, out yo the courtyard, Regina finally groans out loud, smacking her hand against her forehead out of frustration.

"I'm so sorry Red." She says, earning a gruff of confusion from the wolf. Regina climbs onto Red's back and let's the wolf take her home. "It was so irresponsible for me to forget about your pack. I fear that they maybe too deep in my mother's clutches to save them."

Red whimpers. She completely understands, yet she still has hope. At the same time she feels sad because there's a chance her brother might be killed because of Cora amongst many others from her pack. It just isn't fair. She just wishes lunatics like Cora didn't exist but they always will.