16

There were footsteps sprinting away from the door headed towards the armory, you could hear the flurry of demons outside the door. All of them entirely ignorant to the fact the angel they're looking for is just a few feet away.

Seraphine hid her face in Immane, god she just wished all this could end. Her feelings could never agree, her mind constantly at war. She just wanted her Immane back, not this cold angry thing in front of her.

"Great job," Immane hissed at Evangeline, "any bright ideas?"

"I-I don't know how- how they-" Ev stammered.

"There's not much we can do," Seraphine muttered, her words muffled by the fabric of Immane's shirt, making it near impossible to understand her, "It's going to be hard to sneak her out."

Immane ran her hand through Seraphine's hair slowly, the facade melting for a moment.

Evangeline glared at the two, not believing what she was seeing.

"We can try though, won't be the smartest thing, but we can try," she tucked her wings close to herself, much like what Ev would recognize as her relaxed stature.

Evangeline's face was filled with absolute confusion and terror. She almost walked straight out the door right then, demons outside or not.

Immane silently pulled away from Seraphine, her facade building back up when she faced Ev.

Seraphine straightened her posture, brushing what just happened off.

"Immane, how many people are in the armory do you think? Or do you have something stashed in here," she looked up at Immane, her face concentrated, ignoring Ev.

"No, I don't have anything in here," Immane admitted, her arms habitually crossing again.

Evangeline's arms fell to her side, her wings drooping. No matter how much she hated it, this demon was now her only hope.

Sera nodded, "then let's go." She walked to the door, placing her hand on the handle. But she froze, for some reason, she couldn't bring herself to open it. Was it some dumb form of PTSD? She didn't know, but her body refused to move.

"You don't have to come," Immane said, walking over to her, pulling her hands off the doorknob.

Ev just watched, glaring.

"No, I want to." She looked up at Immane giving her a reassuring look. She could do this. Her eyes landed on Ev. She wished her friend would stop glaring at her.

"Alright," Immane wasted no time opening the door. She slipped out, ready to lead the way.

Evangeline wasn't planning on not glaring.

Sera stuck close to Immane, she grabbed Ev's wrist, pulling her if need be.

Immane didn't look back, she just walked down the familiar hall, taking the turns she knew like the back of her hand. Ev did have to be pulled, but she quickly sped up.

Sera followed her, fully trusting, and kept a tight grip on Ev, she wasn't going to have her wander off and get killed. Her wings aren't gold, she won't be spared.

Immane made the last turn, making it to the armory.

Azazel waited in the shadows as he heard people enter, everyone had already gotten their weapons besides Immane, and three pairs of distinct footsteps didn't add up.

Sera whispered, "this place gives me the fucking creeps..." Whether she was speaking to Ev or Immane, no one will ever know.

"You could've left with me," Evangeline grumbled, pulling her wrist free.