Chapter sixteen

Third pov

Cecilia was unusually quiet after her talk with Bella and the only thing the others could do was guess why. She wouldn't tell anyone, just went on with the days in her nornal fashion, just, well, more quiet.

Demitri and Felix stayed around her as often as they could, just in case.

"Alright beloved, time for training."

Cecilia looked up from her internal musings. "Training?"

Felix nodded. "You're Volturi now, you need to know how to fight."

That actually sounded okay to her. "Alright. Am i training with you?"

"Nope." He had an amused look. "You're training with the vampires currently training to get into the Guard."

They walked at a human pace, giving them more time to talk.

"Is there different kinds of guards?"

"There is five types of guards. First there's the elite. Felix, Jane, Alec and i are a part of it. Most of us either have gifts or a exceptionally good at our jobs.

Then there's the regular guard. Most of them rarely meet the kings more than to serve as witness or act as guard. They are usually out and dealing with happenings in the world that doesn't require our immidiet stepping in.

After that there's three types of guards in training.

The ones dressed in dark grey have either been here the longest or done well enough to rise through the ranks quickly. Although the last option is rare.

Then there's the ones in light grey. They've all been here for 50 years at least.

And lastly, the newcomers. They're dressed in white. Probably fits the Cullens now that i think about it. They all think they're saints anyways."

Cecilia laughed at that.

The two of them entered a room that seemed to be specifically built for training.

There were nine guards in training, all dressed in dark grey and waiting for instructions. Cecilia had a good feeling about the ones in the room.

"Pair up!" Felix ordered.

Cecilia took his light nudge as her being supposed to do the same. She ended up facing a younger woman, maybe early thirties when turned.

Both listened intently as Felix instructed them what to do.

Time skip

***********************************************************

Veronica had spent over 100 years in training. Not because she had to, but because she wanted to. Joining the Guard was something she wanted with all her unbeating heart.

Which was why she was with the top candidates.

And currently sparring with the mate of Felix and Demitri.

The little one was fast, as all newborns are, but Veronica quickly noticed that that wasn't the issue.

No. The issue was that Cecilia obviously was a heavy hitter. Even for newborns it's difficult to gain such strenght. She deserves props though, she's doing an impressive job of holding back.

A bit of a filler chapter as i get into the swing of things

Do you want to see more of Veronica?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)