Chapter 4

She arrived about ten minutes early on Saturday to help Madam Malkin open the shop. She counted the money in the register, cleaned the windows and dusted the little corners of the shop. She unlocked the door and waited for the first customer to come. The shop wasn't really busy early in the morning so Uraraka took the extra time to read her Herbology book. She enjoyed the class and was doing quite well too. The class wasn't really interesting, but she really enjoyed the material.

About half an hour later, the shop started to fill in so she put her book aside to help the customers. Most of them were very nice except for the old and mean woman that would come in looking disgusted by Uraraka's presence, would run her crusty fingers over all the clothes and mess up Uraraka's perfect folding piles. Uraraka hated her.

When things calmed down half an hour after two, Uraraka picked up her book again to reread a passage at chapter 12. The bell rang and she continued to read in silence while they browsed.

'Why are you still working here?' said a very familiar voice above her head.

Uraraka looked up from her book faster than a lightning bolt and was face to face with Bakugou. She could feel her heartbeat in her face. He wasn't wearing his slytherin robe but was wearing a very casual but formal dark grey suit and a black robe. As usual, his tie was undone. Could he even tie one at this one? She still felt very under-dress in her muggle jeans and cotton jumper. She looked up to meet his eyes and noticed that he was still waiting for her to say something. She panicked.

'What.' she said before even processing what left her lips. Wow, what an idiotic thing to say.

'What? So, that's how you're greeting customers now?' I know, don't remind me. 'Answer my question.'

Gee, woke up on the wrong side of the bed? She wanted to say but she didn't want to ruin the mood.

'I like working here.' she replied which wasn't really a lie but wasn't completely true either.

She needed money.

Bakugou didn't seem to buy it too either.

'If you want to lie, at least make it believable.' he rolled his eyes and Uraraka was getting tired of his presence. Why couldn't he be the same Bakugou from this past summer? 'Anyways, I have an order in the back.' he continued and Uraraka closed her book.

'Under which name?'

'Take a guess.'

'Okay...' she replied slipping in the back room.

The room was quite big but seemed rather small due to the amount of clothes stacked on the walls. The room contained mountains of clothes, shoes, and other accessories stacked high enough that Uraraka couldn't even see the top. It was a miracle that she had not died from a pile falling on top of her head.

Uraraka pulled out her wand ready to say her spell.

Accio Mitsuki Bakugou, she said under her breath and a big bag slowly flew to her hands. Curious, she looked inside and found a gorgeous purple dress and a pair of very expensive amethyst earrings. She couldn't even imagine the price of them.

She came back to the desk and delicately place the bag in front of him. Bakugou wasn't even bothered to look at her.

'How come you're picking up your mother's orders now?' Uraraka asked preparing the bill. She bent down under the register to find the paper forms and a quill before facing him again.

'The hag's too lazy.' he replied before shoving his hands in his pockets.

That's not a way to call your mother, she wanted to say but she had met her before.

Let's just say it was an explosive type of mother-son relationship, if Uraraka had ever seen one.

'Are you going to pay today or am I supposed to put it under your family's account?'

'What do you think?' he replied and Uraraka finished the check and placed it in the billing pile to owl at the end of the day. She took her sweet time because she knew as soon as she was done, he would run out of the store.

'Anything else?' she asked, trying to save a minute or two.

He stayed there looking at her. She felt at that moment very self-conscious of what she looked like.

'What are your reading?' asked before snatching the book from the counter. 'Herbology? Well that's fucking dull.'

Uraraka huffed and took her book back. She had always liked plants and had always been intrigued by their healing abilities. In her first year at Hogwarts, it was the only class that wasn't confusing to her. Being a muggleborn, it was the only class that allowed her to be more than a clueless witch perplexed by the magical world. Also, Sprout had always been nice to her. Uraraka had always liked her.

'I like this book and the subject for the matter. Unlike you, I'm doing pretty good in that class.' she replied with a smirk before putting the book back on the counter. 'Maybe if you tried more, you'd like it. Besides, there's no reason why anyone wouldn't like Herbology.'

'Because it is the most boring class at Hogwarts.'

Uraraka's smile faded.

'No it's not! It's really interesting and very useful.' she replied.

'Useful? Maybe for a dumb little farmer or a stupid flower-picker.' he laughed and Uraraka was starting to get mad.

'For your information. plants have very powerful healing abilities and are very useful for brewing impressive potions. ' she started and he yawned. She was glad that a counter was separating them, or she would've gone right up to his face. 'If you're only here to make fun of me, I suggest you leave the store.' she spat and Bakugou smirked.

'So, you're kicking me out for giving my opinion? How rude.' he replied, and she squeezed her little hands into fists. 'Relax, I was just messing with you. Besides, I had to find a way to piss you off for all that time lost this week.'

She opened his mouth before being interrupted by Madam Malkin.

'Hello my little Bakugou, how are you today?' she asked with a bright smile.

'He is doing fine.' replied Uraraka with a smile as well. 'He was leaving, actually.'

'I'm pretty sure I can answer by myself, Uraraka.' he replied, and she was taken aback by her name coming out of his mouth. 'I am doing fine, Aurora. I was leaving, yes. It is nice to see you again.' he continued and Uraraka was again taken aback by his gentleness with the older woman.

'Please come back to see me whenever you want, my dear!' she replied and Bakugou turning around and left the store. Madam Malkin turned to Uraraka. 'Are you okay, dear? You look agitated.'

'Doing great.' Uraraka replied with a thumbs up. Madam Malkin nodded and left back to her office.

The rest of the day went by quicker than the morning. Uraraka flooed to the castle and went straight to her room without talking to anyone. When she got to her room, she talked a bit with her Gryffindor peers and noted that Mina hadn't come back from Diagon Alley. She took a shower and noticed that it was already six in the afternoon and she was pretty hungry. She hadn't eaten since this morning and felt her belly scream for food. She went to the Great Hall and stolen a sandwich and an apple before rushing to the library. She sat down in a corner where no one could bother her and did all her assignments that were due this week. She felt pretty good about herself. She wasn't the brightest in her house, but she didn't want to fall behind.

When she finally lifted her eyes from her books, she noticed that it was almost her curfew. She looked around and realized she was the only one in the library. It was rather dark and scary at night, so she quickly packed her stuff and made her way out. As she walked toward the door, Uraraka noticed a light still open between the bookcases. Her curiosity getting the best of her, she went to investigate and found nothing but a lantern on the ground. She was about to turn around that a hand grabbed her wrist and pinned her to the shelves. She screamed but was quickly muffled by a hand slapping over her lips. She looked up and found piercing blue eyes staring at her.

'Hello Uraraka.' said Monona with a cocky smile.