Chapter 3

(Note: The story is set to happen in the years around 2020 which is technically right now. Might have some reference here and there but I'm planning on keeping them at a minimum)

The following days weren't as exciting as Uraraka had expected. Her classes were rather boring and uninteresting except transfiguration which she had with Mina. But Mina was terrible at transfiguration so they would often get a scowl from Professor McGonagall. Her herbology class with Professor Sprout wasn't eventful in the slightness. She had Bakugou in that class and he seemed to have a mission to not even spare her a glance. Uraraka did the same. That's what he deserved.

When she showed up to her potion class on Friday, the only seat available was next to Bakugou. How lucky was she. She signed before dropping her stuff next to him. She watched as his face went from a deadly glare to a somewhat angry frown. Wasn't he just a ball of sunshine?

'Is this seat taken?' she asked like she was planning to move.

He rolled his eyes and went back to reading the book in front of him.

'Whatever don't bother me.' he grumbled and Uraraka already wanted to choke herself with her tie. This was going to be so fun...

'You don't have to be bitter about it.' she said and already regretting it. She looked away to avoid his glare. Fortunately, he did not spat back.

Minutes later of pure awkward silence, the professor entered the room and explained the potion they were going to learn today.

'Today, we'll dive into a new territory. I hope you still remember last year's potions because they will be very helpful for what we are going to learn this year. Please open your manual to page 245 and read the synopsis for a quick introduction to today's potion.'

Uraraka did just that and her eyebrows shot up. Love Potions. Great.

'Can anyone tell me what the properties of an Ashwinder Egg in a Love Potion are?' asked the professor and Uraraka's hand shot up. That question was so easy. She could easily gather some points for her house.

She watched the professor's finger point in her direction. She was about to tell the answer when Bakugou cut her off.

'In terms of swallowing the frozen egg whole, it is used to cure ague. In a love potion, when mixed with the rose petals and the moonstone, it makes the person who ingests it to develop an obsessive euphoria.' Bakugou answered the question with a smirk and the professor smile.

'Excellent! Ten points for Slytherin.'

Uraraka was furious. She looked up to him and found him still smirking.

'Did you do it on purpose?' she asked him feeling her nails digging into her palms.

'Not my fault you were standing there like a sitting duck.' he replied with a hint of playfulness. Or maybe it was just his arrogance coming to the surface.

Uraraka's eye twitched.

'Can anyone tell me which love potion is currently the most powerful?' asked the professor and Uraraka's hand shot up again.

She could tell that Bakugou was ready to cut her again, so she just spat her answer.

'Amortentia. It's also known to smells differently for everyone the things that they find the most attractive.'

'Excellent Miss Uraraka. Ten points for Gryffindor.' said the professor and Uraraka smiled to herself.

She didn't even bother to look at him. In your face, Bakugou!