Episode 2: Dreams and Uncertainty IV

Author's point of view following group FML in the auditorium...

Alexander and group FML arrived at the partially filled auditorium. It was slowly filling in with students. Although partially filled were the words used the auditorium had enough space to be filled with double of all the students in that specific section of the school. This section was grade 9 section A or 9A for short. Each section in 9th grade started out with 5,000 students and the older grades had less students than the younger ones, because they went on more difficult missions where casualties were the norm. At Phase Moon High School or PMHS the safety of any student is not guaranteed, however nearly all who graduated from the school became renowned and important leaders in their chosen trades. Tyler and the others took to chatting while they waited for all the other students.

Tyler: I wonder how long it took to build this place.

Everyone ignored him, and James glared. Unafraid of failure Tyler pushed again.

Tyler: I mean it's so big and it must have taken forever to build with the means available in Arcania.

James turned his head to look at Tyler, looking even more annoyed than before. However after a few seconds of indignant glares, James sighed.

James's thoughts: I mean I can't stay mad at him forever.

With that thought James let go of his anger and forgave Tyler for his bad decisions. He knew that Tyler didn't have many ways of knowing just how much his prank would backfire, and Tyler was one of his oldest friends. It made no sense to end a twelve year friendship built by Alexander because of one bad event.

James: Well... I heard rumors that the school didn't use the usual means and that instead they used the outlawed nanobots to build it. They built it in a manner of minutes and stored the nanobots away right after. I also heard someone say that the nanobots are hidden somewhere in the school.

Tyler nodded smilingly. He was itching to crack a joke, but decided not to. He was just glad that James was talking to him again. He honestly thought that James would be the hardest to make up with. All he had to do now was make up with the rest of the gang. Tyler now gave Taylor and Emily a smile. Taylor looked away while Emily puffed out her cheeks like a chipmunk. This let him know that at least Emily was not really that mad anymore. This only left Taylor. Tyler poked her arm. She took a step away. Tyler came closer and this time wiggled his fingers in anticipation of tickling her. Taylor saw Tyler's treacherous plan a second too late, as Tyler started his ruthless attack on her sides, and occasionally her sensitive neck. Taylor burst out laughing, while trying to get Tyler's hands off of her.

Taylor: S-stop Tyler! *laughter* I hate it! I *giggle* hate being tickled!

Taylor had persistent tears in her eyes while trying to claw Tyler's hands off of her. Eventually she got a good grip on his hands and threw him over her shoulder. He landed on the floor with a crash and a cry of pain. He looked up to see if she was still mad, but it was hard for her to keep a straight face and eventually she just gave up, shrugged her shoulders and held out her hand. Tyler accepted her open hand with a large grin. He was happy to know that she wasn't mad anymore.

Tyler: So is the party for Saturday still on?

Taylor: Depends... what's the party for?