Chapter 7

It was a long, long week.

Now that he knew how John's mouth felt on his, he wanted it all the time. They could hardly have a conversation without Sherlock getting distracted, his eyes drifting down to John's mouth, watching as he spoke. If he any little bit of a scruff growing in, Sherlock just wanted him to rub it along his bare skin, like he had on his neck last Sunday.

John didn't seem immune either, although he put on a detached demeanour. His eyes were doing their share of looking, and when Sherlock saw the heated glances, he would look away, confused. There was excitement, but also fear. Would he like what they did? Would he be enough for John?

---

It was Thursday night, and normally John would have gone out on a date. He hadn't this week, spending more time around the flat and going out a little with friends, even inviting Sherlock along.

Being around John even more, and knowing he wasn't dating anyone else, made Sherlock want him even more. To have to wait a few more days was just torture.

After years of ignoring his body and sexual needs, they were making up for it now. It felt like he was in a constant state of arousal, aware that he was half-hard most of the time, and it only took a look or an innocent touch from John to make him rock hard. Aching. He had never, never, felt like this before.

It was even worse because John had said he couldn't come without his permission. He hadn't wanted to masturbate for years, and now he wanted to several times a day. Being told he couldn't made him want it even more. It was forbidden, and therefore even more tempting.

Tonight, he went to bed, stripping down to his briefs, and laid under the covers. They had been watching some dumb movie which John seemed to enjoy. Sherlock hardly paid attention to it, since John was stroking his fingers through his hair. He had simply closed his eyes, and sunk into the sensations, soaking them in. There was a small pull as John dug his fingers in, running them through the curls. It was somehow erotic and satisfying, being petted like that.

Just being near John and having his light touch had Sherlock's arousal simmering all night. His hand drifted down, tracing along his cock, feeling it quickly getting harder at the light touch. It would be so easy to slip his hand under the material and stroke, hard and fast. There had been a few times over the years when he had resorted to that. Masturbating quickly just to release the sexual tension.

He pulled his hand away with a sigh. It was partially fear of John somehow knowing he had 'cheated', that he hadn't followed the rules. But also, John had mentioned that anticipation made sex better a few times, and Sherlock wanted to see for himself if this was true. Already, the tiny amount of things they had done together was many times better than it had been with his previous partners. Was it because he was older, more mature? Or was it just because it was John? Or was it because of the dom/sub element? He had only vanilla sex with his other partners.

He was eager to explore this and find out.

---

By Saturday, he was at his limit. He went with John to Tesco's, following his orders that were framed as requests, but he could see the glow in John's eyes with each one he uttered. It sent a pang of arousal through him in response, and he glowed with warmth each time John praised him.

"Sherlock, would you go pick out four navel oranges?" John asked, his voice quiet with a slight scratchy edge. It was a private voice that was better suited to more personal requests, like to unbutton his shirt.

Meeting his gaze, Sherlock nodded and headed off on his task. He got a plastic bag and carefully picked out the fruit that were large and unblemished.