Cloaked Villain

(Ninjago City)

Metal was clanging together. Sparks erupted from the clashing steel in every direction. All around different voices called out:

"Lighting!"

"Earth!"

"Ice!"

"Fire!"

"Water!"

The vibrant color of the ninja's spinjitzu tornadoes bounced off of reflective building windows as citizens ran around, scrambling towards safety. Portals ripped open from nowhere and from out of them came a black, gloved hand. The fist struck every ninja down until only Lloyd was left standing.

"Well, well." A cruel and deep voice spoke from all around.

Lloyd unsheathed his sword and swung it around his head dangerously. "Show yourself!" Lloyd commanded.

The voice responded with an amused laugh. In the back of his mind, Lloyd thought it felt familiar.

"So...you get to be the Green Ninja?" Sneered the villain.

"What does that mean to you!" Called Lloyd to the man he couldn't see.

A portal opened behind him and the owner of the voice stepped out of it. Lloyd turned around, he held his sword out in front of himself ready to strike when the time was right.

"Why are you doing this?" Lloyd looked around at the ruined city they stood in.

"There is a reason for everything, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon ."

"How do you know my name? Asked Lloyd.

The villain's voice dropped to a hushed whisper. "I know everything about you, Lloyd."

He narrowed his green, glowing eyes and tightened his hood around his head. The villains cloak rippled and flowed around in the wind revealing a spiked and armored undergarment. The Black cloak he wore was the reason for his name: Cloak. The master of Dimensions and Realms.

"What do you want?" Lloyd demanded.

"I want what you have." He said softly. "To be the Green Ninja."

"Not you too." Lloyd groaned.

Cloak ignored this comment. "Why you, and not me?"

"You can't choose this. Fate chose this." Lloyd answered.

"But why didn't fate choose me instead!" Cloak demanded.

"Look, I don't know why. It just couldn't be you okay?"

"That's not good enough!" Yelled cloak. He ripped open a portal just above Lloyd. The portals gravity lifted Lloyd off his feet sucking him into it. Before Lloyd could disappear inside of it Cloak grabbed his arm, anchoring him to Ninjago.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't let you go right now!" Yelled Cloak.

Lloyd didn't answer.

"You don't deserve your title. And I'm going to take it because it belongs to me."

"No, it doesn't! It belongs to me!" Lloyd replied.

"I am you!" Cloak ripped off his hood and Lloyd stared at his own face.

"How is it possible?"

Cloak closed the portal and Lloyd returned to his feet.

"I'm you from another dimension."