Some People Never Change

"How...how is it possible?" Lloyd muttered as he made his way towards Harumi cautiously, yet intrigued. 

Harumi promptly replied, "I heard you were trapped in the Forbidden Realm. Dareth told me. He said you need help. I wasted no time."

Lloyd moved closer."I-I saw you die. The building fell on you." Lloyd declared. He was standing about a foot from her now and had stopped going forward. His eyes kept darting around her face, examining every inch of it. He still couldn't believe it was actually her. "And you came to help us...why?"

Harumi sighed, "Because...I need you. After everything that happened between us, I knew I couldn't live without you, and I was... wrong." She locked eyes with Lloyd. Lloyd grinned goofily in response. 

Through everything that happened, he thought he never wanted to see her again. Harumi was a monster. But...was that true after all? Or, just tragically misunderstood? Lloyd always felt...deep down...maybe he could help her. If he could help her, they could be together. 

One look at her beautiful face ignited everything inside of him. There was no doubt, he was in love with her. Always had been. 

The other ninja watched the scene intently. Everyone was in shock. This was not possible. 

"I've been looking for you for so long, Lloyd." Said Harumi in her sweet voice she only used when saying his name. "And now I'm here. I-I found you." She grabbed him and held him in a tight embrace. 

Lloyd hugged her back, resting his chin on her shoulder.

 Lloyd could feel Harumi lifting her arm. He thought she was letting go. That was until he felt the searing pain in his neck. He let go of her and his hand went up to the back of his neck. There was an object there - a syringe. 

"Harumi...?" He said before he collapsed on the ground. His voice had been full of pain and confusion. 

What is she doing? Why is she doing this? 

The other Ninja gasped and looked from Harumi to Lloyd. When they finally comprehended what they were seeing it was too late. 

Cloak spang up to his feet - not unconscious after all. He opened a portal, Grabbed Lloyd, and made off with Harumi. 

"Lloyd!" Kai called to nobody. Lloyd was not there to answer him. "LLOYD!"

"It's no use," Nya said with her head down.

"How do we keep losing to him?" Asked Cole without the need for an answer. Everyone just shook their head.

 "First Olivia and now Lloyd?" Panicked Jay. "What more is there to lose?"They sat in silence for a few moments. 

Cole spoke up. "Lloyd's gone, but we have to focus on the now. We can save him if we find a way back to Ninjago. We have to build the Portal."

"I agree with you, Cole," said Zane. "We totally got this." 

The breeze of another portal opened above their heads and a lean, brown-haired man fell out of it. His clothes were skin-tight but breathable. A pair of red sunglasses landed next to the man - Griffin Turner.

"Griffin! What are you doing here?" Exclaimed Nya.

"I don't know one second I was trying to fight Cloak and the next here I am," replied Griffin in one long sentence. He snatched up his sunglasses and slipped them on. "What is this pl-"

Another portal opened up and dropped a person on top of Griffin. His face was invisible and he wore sunglasses with a tan fedora.

"Paleman!" Watch it!" Groaned Griffin. 

"Sorry," replied Paleman in his odd voice.

The other Ninja started to mingle with the two of them and answer all of their questions. 

Cole stood apart from them, smiling to himself.

"Care to explain why you're up in this corner looking like a creep?" Asked Zane.

"I think I have a plan to break Olivia out of jail," Cole replied.

"I'm listening."