Chapter 6: Close Linked

Eren's POV

That night, it wasn't much... my childhood memories synced up with my current ones. I remembered everything- ever since Mikasa was in my life. I missed her... I kissed her gently when she slept. Funny how she was meant to protect me, and yet she was here being taken care of by me. 

This feeling that made my skin tingle was nevertheless: love. This feeling was always familiar with me. Every time when I was on a mission, I always found myself flirting with some girl and away we both went. This time, it was different. My feelings for Mikasa went back to childhood. It's just been so long ago that we've met... how the feeling of longing for her was no longer an empty hole in my heart. Here she was... right here in my arms. She's here...

*   *   *

"Mikasa." I said to her, sitting on her bed and listening to her shower. Her bathroom door was opened just a tiny bit- and hot steam were released. I'm not that sort of freak to spy on her in the shower. I just waited until she was finished. "Answer me honestly: do you still love me?"

"Love...?" Her voice was muffled a bit, but I heard her clearly through the running water. "U-Um... I-I do..."

"Then hurry up with your shower, angel." I smirked and laid on the bed without a second thought. "Tell you the truth, I want you. Better to say that... I love you. And I will love you forever."

*   *   *

An angel falling from her tower above everyone, falling for a mortal. I kept thinking of Mikasa as that angel. Her falling from her stern position because of me. My hands caressed her soft skin and I kissed her on her lips. Her eyes were heavy with a burdened mind, but her smile told a different story.

My hands ran through her raven-like hair, and I smiled gently. "Mikasa... tell me something..." She murmurs gently, almost like she was ignoring me for talking. "Will you believe in me... for whatever things I may do?"

"Eren, is it a trick question?" I felt a smile growing on her face, "Of course I do... I believe in you."

"Thanks..." I say, kissing her again. Something tugged me away from kissing her- almost regret in what I was gonna do. I can't be with her if my face is always on someone's poster. I can't... be alive if I should stay with her forever. But it was the only thing I got. 

I wanted to say, "I love you," or "Wish me luck." I guess I was just too afraid to tell her the truth bout my plans. Afraid... she might not go through with it. Again... I had to because... I've already decided that I was gonna live with her forever.