starlight ; one

callie arden had led a decent childhood; she had parents that loved her and people that cared for her. she had friends, she had family, she had a roof over her head. she was happy.

but there were also the colors. everywhere she went, she could spot them, staring right back at her; so vibrant they made her three-year-old self giggle. the colors were the best part of being alive, in her opinion. they just made everything better.

when callie was six years old, her perfect childhood was destroyed. her parents were killed in a car accident. a drunk driver had swerved into their lane and made direct contact with the left side of the car, forcing it to swerve and crash into a light post.

when callie's parents died, the colors died, too. she felt nothing. she was nothing.

the world blurred into a stage of black and white that seemed neverending.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

when gerard way was a child, he had been taught to never judge others based on their looks or how much they had; you never knew what a person was going through until you talked to them, got to know them. became friends with them. you could not judge a person until their book was flipped open a few pages.

gerard often feared that others judged him simply for his existence; probably because they did. he was often made fun of for the way his hair sat on his head, and people called him chubby, even when he was probably the thinnest in his class. they called him a certain gay slur just for being alive and made him feel like nothing.

gerard's life often felt meaningless, and he admitted this to his parents and his brother. he didn't understand what the point was if he was just gonna be made fun of for as long as he was alive.

to begin with, gerard's life never actually had color in it like callie's life did. there were only small hints of it, here and there, standing out to him. but whenever he felt close to them, they vanished.

he began to feel that there was no hope left. his childhood was stable, as was his family; they had enough money to get by and be okay. he had a roof over his head and enough clothes to last a month without having to wash anything.

so why did he feel so lost all the time?