yes...

Here's a sneak peek into a new fic that may not be updated just like all of the other fics I have in my drafts and the ones I've published.

If anyone would have told him he would be surrounded by people who care for him, at the most prestigious hero school UA, his dream school since the beginning. With a devoted mentor who happens to be the newly retired Symbol of Peace, and an improving relationship between him and Bakugou Katsuki, his childhood friend turned bully, he would have never believed them.

Except that's exactly what happened.

He was surrounded by new friends and teachers who loved him almost as much as his own mother did. He did go to his dream school, he did end up gluing him and Bakugou's relationship back together piece by piece, and he was in fact All Might's successor. He was on his way to becoming the new Symbol of Peace, and he wouldn't let anyone down. He had a heavy responsibility to carry into his shoulders and he would carry it no matter how tense or dysfunctional his shoulders became. He had to, for his mother, his classmates, and for the unfortunate souls who needed saving.

He was One For All's 9th holder and he would be the pillar that holds up the hope, victory, and peace within so if Japan.

If anyone was to tell him that he would have been the one to defeat a Yakuza boss in his first year of UA. He would never have believed them.

Not if they told him that he would be taking care of Eri or Kouta on the weekends. Not if they had told him he would have changed the future that Sir Nighteye was so positive could never be changed.

He held his head in his hands, fingers grasping the whisper of his green hair. Tears cascaded down his cheeks like a running waterfall. He breathed in intervals, gasping for breath. His grip tightened.

Strong chemicals and antiseptic filled his sense of small as he whiffed and sniffled in an attempt to stop the snot from running down his nose and onto his lips.

God was he so disgusting. He thought. He wasn't allowed to cry. Not in this circumstance.

The beeping of the pounds of technology pounded in his head. Into his thoughts. He wanted it to stop.

He wanted the beeping to stop. It was like a broken record representing his cowardice, his guilt, replaying in his head over. And over. And over again. He wanted them to stop. They had to stop. He couldn't stand it.

The beeping did not stop. How the beeping grew louder and louder. Pushing his mind to the brink of insanity. Stop. He cried.

Stop!

Beeping, beeping, beeping!

He clutched his head harder, harder, harder. But the pounding of his head didn't stop the beeping. It was supposed to. Why wasn't it working!

Beepingbeepingbeepingbeepingbeepingbeepingbeepingpeeping!!!!

He grasped, only to have his oxygen cut off even more. He couldn't breathe. Why couldn't he breathe?!

Why?

The beeping did not stop. It never did.

If anyone would have told him that he would be sitting in the hospital at his mother's bedside, suffering from hallucinations and panic attacks, alone. Distancing himself from his friends that he had made, Disregarding the concern of the retired Symbol of Peace, getting bad grades at the school he loved so much, refusing to eat. He would never have believed them.

Sometimes, belief doesn't matter as much as what can truly happen, whether you expect it or not.