The Reason

before we begin: cursive = flashback (:
————————————————————————
"Guys? I think I'm not really following." Taehyung raised his eyebrows glancing between Jungkook and Hoseok.

"Me too."

"Me three."

Hoseok smiled and looked at Jungkook. "You should explain, you're her best friend." the younger threw his head back and took a deep breath. "It all started 6 years ago, somewhere around the summer. Me and y/n were talking about what Hogwarts would be like. Her whole family was there. It all went smoothly and it was fun, up until someone asked us which department we wanted to be in."

"So Jungkook, y/n. I hear you two are talking about Hogwarts?"

"Yes uncle." you smiled up on your uncle, your eyes sparkling.

"So have you guys thought about which department the two of you want to end up in?"

You saw your mother knot her eyebrows at your uncle's question, slightly disapproving of the direction where the conversation was going. "I don't know yet uncle, and to me it doesn't really matter. As long as I make a lot of new friends!" you excitedly exclaimed. You heard your father scoff behind you, which made you loose your smile. "What's wrong daddy?"

Your dad looked at you and sweetly smiled - a toxic one, but you didn't realise back then. "Nothing sweetie. As long as you don't end up in Slytherin." You confusedly looked up at your dad. "Why not?" you asked, slowly putting down your fork. "Because this house is full of pure Gryffindors, and Gryffindors and Slytherins are not supposed to interact. Now y/n, honey. We wouldn't want to kick you out of the house, would we?"

"N-no dad, of course not."

"That's just straight up mean! You don't tell your child something like that?!" Namjoon angrily threw his book on the table, looking at Jungkook in disbelief. "That's not even everything, Joon. Y/n's family is very traditional, and the toxic mindset of Salazar Slytherin and the duel between him and Godric Gryffindor still plays a big role in how her family looks upon wizards.*" The guys sighed and looked down. "But how did it affect y/n that much then? Was she just okay with it?"

"No, not at all. y/n has always been against the mindset of her whole family. She believes that you should treat every person equally. But she isn't strong enough to keep that mindset of hers. Not alone. Ever since she got in Gryffindor her parents would send her letters. How happy they were that she didn't become a Slytherin. They wrote her how Gryffindors and Slytherins are sworn enemies, never meant to interact. And that was in school only. I can't imagine how bad it was when she was at home. She still believes that every person should get the same chances , and that being a Slytherin isn't exactly wrong. But she tries to avoids them as much as possible, because somehow her parents got in her head, just for a small part. And somehow she believes that Slytherins and Gryffindors shouldn't be together."

After Jungkook was done with speaking, a silence fell above the five boys.

——
yeet two chapters because the last one was short as fuck :) love u xxx

* if u don't know about the duel between slytherin & gryffindor etc. :

Also!! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1k!!!! it means so much to me🥺🥺 thank you for liking my story! i love u guys xxxx