Accepting Rejection

While my first Soul of the night was busy trying to get the livings' attention, Jackson walked around the cars.
"Where are you Julian?" he shouted. "Come on let's talk man!" at that point an arrow hit his right knee, he screamed of pain while he fell on the ground on one knee. The arrow went through like bbq meat on a stick. He sat down, his fingers trying to hold on the open wound, but the arrow was still there. He screamed different curses at Julian. He was hiding in the dark behind the trees. I admire his archery abilities, he was good, precise, Apollo should take some lessons from him.
I quickly looked at his file, there it was, he goes to hunt with his father, that's why he is good. He practiced. I was proud. Usually killers don't aim that good.
The other kids were peeking from the window, nobody dared to come outside.
Finally our hunter Julian walked out of the dark, he was holding a crossbow not a simple bow and arrow. Nice gadget, fast recharge, doesn't tier your arms, no shaky hands, precise.
I could feel a spell of Ares falling on the boys. They both were full of anger, ready to kill.
"Why the hell are you killing your friends!?" asked Jackson.
"You all deserve it".
Don't you objectify me you little mortal shit! I'm totally going to have a talk to this kid in the moment we'll meet. Can't stand that attitude, I'm a god, I have feelings too, have some respect.
Julian's eyes were filling with tears but no regret, it was only pain, he was broken, and apparently in his head, all this made sense.
"You always treated me as a joke" he explained to Jackson.
"You all did" he walked alowly closer, while the boy on the ground tried to get far.
"Why did you do that to Andy?"
"He was in my way to Candace"
"No he wasn't, they never were a thing" Jackson's knee was leaking like an old car.
Julian looked confused for a moment.
"He was with Travis"
"But.. Candace. I saw her with him, why?"
"They were friends, that's what we all are, dumbass"
Julian pointed the crossbow at him.
"She didn't have a thing for Andy and won't have for you, ever"
And at that moment another arrow cut the air, it stuck in the middle of Jackson's chest.
"You should accept rejection"
"No, we still can be a thing"
Jackson spit some blood on the ground.
"Not gonna happen, why are you so fucking stupid?"
Julian shot other two arrows in his chest and the boy fell on his side bleeding.