Chapter 2 ~ Facing Reality

It's been too long since I've uploaded so here's two chapters for you! I will upload the next chapter right after this! So I'm sorry if you were expecting more and I've been delaying. I've just been really busy with other work DX

------------------------------------------------------

The next time I woke up I was nowhere. I was slowly sinking into the ground, disappearing into the endless void of emptiness. All of the emotions I ever knew were drained from my mind, slipping away, as if my desperate cries had just vanished along with the rest of my memories. I felt weak, dead even. I wanted to die. I no longer wanted to feel the pain of not knowing who I was; of knowing that my entire past life was just thrown away, treated like garbage. It made me sick just thinking about it.

            Who was I? I didn’t know. And I’m sure I would never find out. Amnesia’s one of those many things that’s underestimated. But it could change one’s personality, one’s relationships, even one’s appearance. But most importantly one’s heart. Who was I before I fell? Was I smart and funny, shy yet strong? Or maybe I was cold and blunt, a lover of only myself. Did I have a mother, a father, a sister or brother? Or was I an orphan on the streets fending for my lonely life? I would never know. Nothing would be able to remind me of who I was.

            What’s this strange feeling? I feel as if I’d experienced it before. My heart was being torn in half, along with my grief-stricken eyes that held all of the visions I longed to see. I wanted to hug my knees to my chest and wail as loud as I could, just to let everyone know that I was alive. But I truly wanted to die. Right then I knew I’d felt this certain feeling far too many times in my life.

            The feeling of loneliness…

“Kouena-sama,”

“Rokumaru-kun? I suppose you’re here to help.”

“Yes, Gou-sensei sent me here for training. He said there was a new patient with an extreme case that he wanted me to help with... Is this her?”

“In the flesh. Well in whatever flesh she has left. She was pretty beat up when she got here and honestly, considering the condition she was in, I was surprised she was alive.”

“Err… what happened exactly?”

“From what I heard from Kakashi she’d fallen down a ravine head first and cracked her skull. She has a few broken bones and many cuts all over her body. Although I’m not sure where all of the cuts had come from. The worst injury is her brain. I did a scan and found out that the parietal lobe and temporal lobe were severely damaged, along with the occipital lobe which was has the least amount of damage but it’s still a very severe injury.”

“Oh that’s terrible… How did she not die with that much damage to her brain and body?”

“That’s still a mystery. She was bleeding heavily when she arrived and even when I healed her her blood levels were low enough to the point of death. Only S-rank ninja can withstand that much risk.”

            “Hmm…”

            “Now to test you Nomiyuki. What symptoms will she experience considering her brain condition?”

            “Hmm, well since her temporal and parietal lobes were injured I’d say she has a severe case of Amnesia. She won’t be able to make sense of anything or understand anything that easily and will probably have a hard time talking… Also she might have some minor visual issues.”

            “Very good. I can tell Gou’s been teaching you well; you really are growing.”

            “Thank you, he has. The intensity of his training is definitely helping my medical skill.”

            “Mhmm. Now, no time to talk. I’m giving our patient blood and it looks like it’s almost done. We can start healing her brain, you ready?”

            “Yes Kouena-sama.”

----------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Comment and follow if you enjoy <3

~Kane