𝑀𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Restless, I was swaying back and forth in my bed. It was a weird feeling to lie alone in this big bed, with the certainty that it would be forever. I sighed and sat up. In the dark I groped on my bedside table, looking for my phone. When I finally got it, I pulled it off the charger and turned it on. Big mistake, as it turned out later, because It felt like it would laser my eyes out. Groaning, I unlocked it and looked at the time. 3:49 a.m. Grumbling, I let myself fall back into the pillows. I just didn't have a second of sleep. Nice. That's great! It's just perfect. Especially when you consider that I had to get up again in an hour. I put my phone back on the bedside table and turned around, hoping I could finally fall asleep.

Suddenly my phone ringtone sounded at a volume of at least 100 decibil. I was far too tired and especially annoyed to answer the call. Also: who calls someone at 4 a.m? . So I decided to just ignore it. Until the dud got too much for me. I jumped up and set the volume to a minimum. After another 30 seconds, the mailbox turned on. I would have preferred never to hear the voice, that now filled the room, again. But when I recognized it, I set the volume back to the initial 100 decibil.

"Hey y/n. It's Leo. Maybe you still know me," he began. He sounded kind of weird. Was he drunk? "I just wanted to tell you that I love you. And... that I miss you. I don't know why you don't text me anymore, but I think that is kinda rude, you know. So.... I hope you will call me again.... But don't call me. I'm a little bit drunk right now and I know you don't like that... That's why you have to call me immediately when you hear this. But don't call me, yeah? 'Cause... you know... drunk", he laughed. "Well... See you tomorrow. Sleep well. And don't forget to call me... I love you, y/n", and with that, he ended the call.

I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. It was almost two months ago that we broke up, but now when I hear his voice? I hadn't been prepared for that like... AT ALL! A small tear formed in the corner of my eye. I really didn't want to cry. I had already shed far too many tears because of him. But when I thought of his sky-blue eyes....

Sobbing, I buried myself deeper in the pillow. Suddenly the anger overcame me. What was he thinking of just calling me in the middle of the night and chatting to me in the mailbox?

Yes, he was drunk. He couldn't even remember that we weren't together anymore. And he told me that he loves me.... He has WHAT? I sat up perfectly straight in my bed. So that means..... Without thinking further, I reached for my phone and dialed his number. I held my breath. What would happen? It was certainly a bad idea to call him back. After all, it shouldn't be forgotten that it was in the middle of the night and, above all, that I ignored his call only a minute ago. I was about to hang up when he suddenly answered.

"Hello?"

I frantically held my hand in front of my mouth. What should I say now? It was such an idiotic idea. Of course it was. It's been mine.

"Y/N?," he recognized me.

I slammed myself mentally against my forehead. Of course he recognized me. I mean, he had saved my number. It would be pretty dumb, if he did not recognized me. But I hadn't thought about it before. Because we are talking about me, who is doing this stupid "Latenightcall".

"Are you going to... ummm... say something?" he laughed. So if I had already got myself into this crap, I had to lead it to the end. I sighed. "Hey... here is y/n"

Smart answer, y/n. Really. VERY SMART. Applause!

"I know, stupid," he giggled. He was, still, drunk (of course he was. He told you just a minute ago!), but even in this state he noticed that my brain was like on vacation. Like always actually...

"Yeah... umm... why did you call me?", I asked, trying to change the subject. I heard him sighing trough the phone, as I leaned my back against the headboard of my bed.

"I... I don't know actually... Just... wanted to hear your voice. It's been a while, you know...", he mumbled. I suddenly had the feeling, that he sobered up, only in the last 3 seconds.

I nodded slowly, not thinking about the fact, that he can't see me.

"It's just-", he broke up the sentence, as I could hear him sobbing. I didn't really know what to do to comfort him, so I just waited until he calmed down a bit. "I just miss you", he blurted out. "Shit... I miss you so damn much and I cant help to think about you... I try to get over you. I really did but", he sobbed again and choked on his words "I cant seem to get you out of my mind. I just can't-", he broke up again.

I was feeling so guilty. Suddenly I could feel salty tears rolling down my heated cheek. "I can't understand how you just slipped through my hands, y/n. I still have so much of my loving to give you. Only you! So... don't tell me I'm out of time, because...", he shivered "Because I miss you! And I want you back. I can't live without you. Please... give me a second chance, y/n"

I didn't know how to answer. I didn't know what do think. Should I forgive him? My heart screams after him, but my mind tell me to stay strong. I let out a shivery breath, while I was thinking feverishly about what to do.

"You know... you hurt me. I've been loosing my mind without you here. You broke me and now you're calling me in the middle of the night and expect me to go back to you?! That's not how this whole thing works, Leo. You can't mess up a woman's life just to beg for forgiveness a few months after", I cried.
I could hear him gulping at what I said.

"Okay...", he whispered. "I'm sorry for distracting you.... bye"

___________________

I never heard from him again after this call, neither did I see him. It was like he just disappeared. The only good thing about that, was that I could let my heart heal, after what he'd done to me.
But still after all this time I can't forget him. He will ever be my first and only true love.