𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹

I silently knocked on the white door, knowing that she wont hear it anyways. With slow steps I made my way to the bed. A smile spread across my face when I looked into her peaceful face. "Hey," I whispered as I carefully sat down next to her on the bed. I nervously plucked the blossoms of the bright yellow sunflowers in my hand. "I ... I brought you flowers. Sunflowers. I thought because you like them so much ..." I said as I got up to pour water into a vase. "Looks good, doesn't it?" I grinned after placing it on the windowsill. "Who am I kidding ..." I muttered sadly. Small tears formed in the corner of my eyes. "I'm so sorry i cant make anything even slightly better. Everyday I'm praying for your soul to survive...", I sobbed, tears streaming down my face. "I need to tell you so many things... I-i wrote a poem for you", I slightly calmed myself down, fumbling in my pocket. Once I found the piece of paper, I unfolded it and took her cold hand in mine. After clearing my throat, I began to read. "Don't be scared, I'm right here, And what is fear? When no one knows, What comes next?, So yeah, I'm scared, But I won't let it get to me"
After a while of just starring at her pale face, I slowly pulled my hand away from hers. "I'm sorry... I didn't tell you I loved you, when I knew it. Most of all... I'm sorry that I gave up on us... when you never did... You came into my life when I was broken... damaged and fading. You fought your way into my heart and saved me. You loved me and by doing so you made me love myself. So... if you can hear me...", I stopped for a moment. "I love you. And I'm not scared to tell you! Well... not anymore", I laughed at the last part. "You remember the first time we met? It was at James' party. You were sitting in the kitchen for the whole night because your date dumped you... I remember thinking... I've never seen anything so perfect. I thought that... I had to had you... or I'd die!", I admitted honestly. "I'll do whatever you want me to do! Just please stay", I broke out in tears again, laying my head onto her leg and squeezing my eyes shut. I just couldn't see her like that anymore. "It hurts... it hurts! Make it stop, please make it stop... It hurts", I tried to scream but only a weak whisper came out.
I didn't know how long I laid there, but at some point I just got extremely tried, so I fell asleep. I woke up by a weak hand carefully streaking my head. I breathed in shakily and sat up straight. As I looked into her face I almost screamed. "Y/N", I whispered. She smiled tiredly. I fell forward and clawed myself on her. "I love you", I whispered. After a short moment she answered. "I love you too, Leo"