#3

Prompt; Heartbreak

A/n: fun fact about this short story; I dislike writing my stories in first person view which means this story is one of the first short story I wrote in first person view. It felt a little odd when I wrote this piece but surprisingly I kinda enjoyed writing them XD

Will I write in first person again? Dunno. Regardless it was still fun :))

- - -

Alisson Callan is a beautiful woman.

All of us knew it. Its not just in our social circle, even the strangers too. Whenever she walked by, people will turn their heads to look at her or at least sneak a glance to this beauty. I knew that because I witness this when I stayed by her side. It would not be a surprising thing for everyone in the neighbourhood except her to aware of this fact. However, as true and surreal it can be, brilliance can sometimes shines so bright that it can searing to look at directly.

Tho I would go blind for her. Because with my own judgement- or maybe as a man who blindly in love -I would do anything for that brilliance to last longer.

Even if I am not to be by her side anymore, even if I have to go through unwanted decisions, even if she is now pointing her gun at me with no clue to what I am thinking right now; for Alice, I will protect her life, her family and even everything that she holds dear to her.

But now, the vengeance that I kept neatly tugged in at the back of my heart resurface quickly when I heard the news of my late sister's killer. The thought of him still roaming freely itch my hand to kill him.

Perhaps Alice knew this itch of mine when I didn't answer to any of her call. Because now she stood in front of my path, attempting to stop me from doing anything stupid.

My dear Alice, you don't have to do this for me.

Because I realised at this moment, I'm fucked up.

She don't deserves me.

"So you want to threatening me? What a surprise." It takes everything in me to keep my voice cold and in front of me, she still had her pistol aiming towards me, her hands was shaking. The tears in her ruby jewel eyes threaten to spill over. She is beautiful, even when she is crying. A chilling wind of the sunset envelops me, and I shiver.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I think she and I thought the same thing.

"H-how else am I going to stop you? You fucking retard.. You know well this isn't going to bring your sister back." Her voice was shaking as her hands was. She don't want to do this. I can read her  as clear as the day because her emotions are spilling out.

"Spare me the lecture, Alice." I said softly and remain calm, "You do know that no matter what, I will find him,"

Maybe there's something in my voice that appears prickling cold that she fought from sobbing. The tears spilling down to her pale cheek and under the orange blazing colored sunset it appears to glitters her sad face.

Alice is beautiful. Yet she never realised it. She never realised how I wish to wipe those tears stained cheek away with my hand, to hold her close in my arms until she calm down and to whisper sweet nothing to her ears.

But I'm a rotten man and she don't deserve that.

So I do nothing. I stood stiffly in front of her as she slowly and reluctantly lowers her pistol down. She hung her head low, hiding her crying eyes as she wiped the tears and softly sobbing. She understood me and part of me felt flatter for that but that feeling vanish as soon as it came when I see her still crying softly. I took this chance to walk away and I did not stop walking.

There's no going back.

Alice is beautiful. Surely there will be someone to love her as much as I do or even more than my own.