I

2025.

Two years after the disappearance of USA.

China has been gaining a lot of money recently. This case might be linked to the problem of USA's disappearance.

"We think it could've just been a coincidence. After all, China is the richest country here on Earth," says Germany.

After the USA had vanished, his land has now become free to claim. Countries from the world have been trying to colonize it- again.

It has been a quick and rapid process, colonizing the land. So far, the country with most territory on it has been China. Strange.

Germany closed the magazine. He sighed, crossing his legs and took a sip of his coffee. He looked outside of the window, setting the magazine down on the table.

It's getting colder outside. He pondered how quickly it gets cold here, in where the American state of Minnesota used to be. Germany thought it would be pretty rapid. It is early September after all, and the leaves were starting to fall.

He swiftly drank the rest of the coffee without caring whether his mouth would burn or not, and threw it in the trashcan after getting up from his seat. Germany then walked out of the cafe, and went down the sidewalk.

"Welcome back to EMHC News. Today, a new fossil has been discovered about the Denisovans. We are now reaching clo-"

"Hello! We are Luxembourg and France!"

Germany tilted his head. Luxembourg and France had their own TV show?

"We're going to be interviewing our exclusive guest, China!"

China? Them? Why?

"Nihao. I am Chi-"

Germany switched the channel. If he was forced to watch that, he wouldn't be able to survive doing so midway. He squinted, and decided to watch Wheel of Paradise! instead.

It's been a few minutes later. Germany had gotten bored of of watching that old game show. He grabbed the remote and turned the television off. Then, he stood up from his aged couch with a creaking noise. Germany went into his room, plopped onto his bed, and slept there until the next time he wakes.

Bombs. Explosions. Chaos. Utah.

People are suffering. Someone- someone anonymous. They've dropped a bomb. Quickly, run away. Run from this place.

Germany woke up in a panic. He breathed heavily, and scanned his surroundings. Nothing bad had happened, so far. He sighed in relief, and jumped up from his bed to look outside the window.

The moon was high in the sky, glowing bright, shining moonlight onto rooftops and streets. The German boy then stepped backwards, and turned around towards the kitchen, where he would prepare his breakfast, and maybe some coffee.

Germany, sitting on his couch took a sip of coffee.
Germany, walking out of his house to take a walk.
Germany, quivering while striding down the cement because it was chilly.
Germany, going over to his friend's house to have a talk.

Knock knock knock.

He finally arrived at his buddy, France's home. He knocked on the door several times, waiting for a response.

Ding dong.

He rung the doorbell.

Knock knock knock knock.

Germany rapped on the door. Then he rung it again.

Finally, after a few minutes later, someone came to answer the door. Whoever opened it looked very tired and messy. Germany put up a disappointed face for a greeting.

"Ah, Germany!" France lightly chuckled. He welcomed his friend inside, letting them sit on the comfy couch.

"Hello, France. I see you've cleaned up your mess of an interior design," Germany exclaimed. France chuckled, once again. "Don't worry about it. Don't also mind my state. I just woke up. You were pounding on the door there, I thought it would fall off so I got nervous! Haha!" The German man slightly grinned at this. His attitude and personality still hasn't changed after all these years.

"So, France. What brings you to make a talk show on TV?" Germany asked, tilting his head at his buddy. France's skittish laugh faded. "What do you mean by that?"

Now Germany was confused more than ever. Why is France asking this, all of the sudden, when just last night he watched a bit of his and Luxembourg's show on TV? "What I mean is- I saw a show of you and Luxembourg interviewing China," he gulped.

"I know who Luxembourg is, but China? Who the hell even are they?"

A nervous expression arose on Germany's face. "I- Uh- Nevermind. Since you just woke up, mind if I make you some coffee?" France nodded. "Sure, thank you."

After a few minutes later, Germany gave the coffee to his friend, and they chatted with each other.

"So, about the USA vanishing situation.."
"The what?"
"Nevermind, again."

Throughout the talking, Germany said many "Neverminds" in there. He was pretty confused. How come France had forgotten almost completely everything? Did something happen to him? If so, what happened? He decided to shrug it off.

Some while later, they finished, and the two bid farewell to each other. Germany got his coat and started to walk back towards his home, which was not too far away.

He arrived at his house, and searched in his pockets for his keys. Then, he realized that they were gone.

Clink.

Your keys are now mine. Thank you for the donation, Déguó.