Chapter XII

The garden. . . Steven thought as he traveled through the warp, clutching the note (Y/n) had left for him in his hand tightly.

Think Steven, think! Inhaling deeply, Steven slowly closed his eyes. If he could access his mother's memories while he slept all of those other times over the years, then it should certainly work now.

It's quiet. . . Steven yawned and his vision began to grow blurry.

I haven't slept in so long. . . Steven thought to himself as everything began to grow dark.

It grew darker,

And darker,

And darker,

Until finally. . .

His mind went off, and sleep consumed him. Leaving him in the world of dreams; of nightmares.

.

.

.

A world of memories.

*****

"PINK~!" Steven's eyes immediately shot open at the sound of the familiar voice of the pink gem. Gasping, the diamond-human hybrid pushed himself up and placed a hand over his quick beating heart as he took in his surroundings with blurry vision.

"W. . . What?" Steven whispered, just when a pair of long, rubber arms suddenly wrapped around him and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey! You're awake!" Another voice said excitedly, making Steven turn his attention to the source.

And once again, his eyes went wide, and his face began to heat up.

Standing in front of him, was (Y/n). Though, she looked different. Instead of the dark shade of (F/c) hair he had grown accustomed to, her hair was a light shade of (H/c), and a flower crown sat atop her head. She didn't have any black tear marks streaming down her face, either. He also noticed that her (S/t) skin seemed lighter, and less dull, and that her (E/c) seemed to have a light to them, too, and weren't blank and emotionless.

What made Steven's blush worsen, though, was what she was wearing: a long, silky, (2F/c) dress that went all the way down to your feet and even dragged on the ground a bit. The dress had a slit that started from her lower thigh, and it was a sleeveless that showed some of. . . her. . . um. . . Ahem. Cleavage. She also seemed to be wearing a pair of white slippers and a black choker around her neck.

Needless to say, she looked beautiful, and Steven was too awe-struck to say so outloud.

Wow. . . Steven's mouth gaped slightly as he stared at the (F/c) gem before him, unaware of the fact that (Y/n) and Spinel were staring right back at him with confused looks on their faces.

"Pink?" Spinel tapped Steven's shoulder, snapping him out of his daze. The teenage hybrid blinked a few times before looking over to Spinel.

"What?" He asked quickly, a bit embarrassed.

Spinel giggled and stretched one leg out over to (Y/n) before jumping up in the air and landing right next to her.

"We were just asking you if you wanted to play, silly!" (Y/n) said as she ran over to Steven and took both of his hands in hers, intertwining their fingers as she gave him an adorable closed-eyed smile.

Steven's face felt like fire at this point. God, she were so beautiful. No, wait. 'Beautiful' wasn't enough to describe her; not in Steven's eyes, at least. (Y/n) was. . .