8┇wilted rose

┇eight┇

eight

Teruhashi trembled. She stood behind the school building, hands clasped in front of her as her mind swirled with thoughts. The sun is now dyed a beautiful pink, fading away into a wonderful orange above the pale blue of the school. The bushes and grass wafted with the wind, their vivid shades of green softly entrancing the girl into a small illusion of her dreams. She thought about how she would confess, and what kind of possibilities could come out.

Aiura had hidden behind the bushes, far off from the blue-haired girl's vision. She often stole glances of the beautiful girl, with each glance, she could feel her breath slowly drifting away. It continues for a while, she was almost tired of kneeling down on the muddy grass by now.

Teruhashi is still trembling under the frost. Time flew by like the treacherous wind. She's been waiting, waiting, waiting... For long enough. Long enough to see her feet grow blurry. Her head was now low, hung in shame, as she pinched her hand in an attempt to repress the choking sobs.  

Aiura had felt remorseful for the girl. She merely sat behind the bush, her eyes dulled with every muffled sob that came out of the blue-haired girl. It hurts her to see her love like this, but she couldn't do anything, she really couldn't.

The broken girl leaned against the wall behind her, she slid down as every strength from her legs disappeared into nothing but bitter numbness. Her head now pressed against the blue wall, her pale hands clasped onto her fringe lightly as her tears welled with somber. She wanted to yell; to cry; to scream. She wanted to pull her hair off. But she couldn't.

After all, she's the perfect pretty girl that everyone likes.

Everyone loved her. Her parents, her brother, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, strangers even. Everyone idolized her as the perfect girl. She was always praised and worshipped; everyone adored her. But why...?

Why did the only person she ever truly loved,

Ignore her?

Why did he overlook her like any other individual?

Was she not good enough?

Was it because she didn't try hard enough?

Does he simply not love her the way she wanted to?

...

...

...

Would it have been better if he ended up with Aiura...?

She wouldn't have to suffer this much.

She should've simply left him alone when Aiura came.

She should've find someone else instead of desperately grasping onto him.

She should've.

But she didn't,

And now she's suffering the consequences,

Of this unrequited love.

A rose wilted.

The field swarmed with mist.

Her vision is blurred.

'Where... am I?'