You Learned

JOE POV

A new day means another long day at the Cafe. I wake up early at 7 so I can open up the shop by 8. Chippy's Café I call it, named after my Pop, Chippy. I opened my little coffee shop when I was 23 when I found out my Pop had a heart attack.
You see,  I grew up in a small village with not a lot of money. So when we saw the bill for the hospital we just knew we couldn't afford it. Which is why I opened the shop. Right in the middle of busy London. People come and go every day for their morning coffee. My sister, Zoe, worked here for a few years then moved away with her boyfriend, Alfie, who also worked here a while. Now it's just me and a few students trying to gain some money. 
As the clock approaches 8 I start up the coffee brewers, take stock, make myself a nice Americano, and finally unlock the door allowing the business workers of Central London to come in and out as they pleased.
I continued to take orders until 10 am, our time when there aren't as many customers. I go out and clean some tables as I see a stunning redhead walk in. I go behind the counter to take her order. 
"Hello, ma'am welcome to Chippy's Café what can I get for you?" I say politely. She stares at me blankly before tapping her ears. Then she begins to move her hands, that's when I realize.
She's deaf.
I frantically search for a piece of paper to write on. I quickly jot down what I said and hand it to her. She smiles at me taking the note then continuing to write her order on it. I read the order and punch it into the system she pays and I direct her to a table to sit at.
I smile to myself as I make her drink. I think of how her stunning red hair frames her face perfectly. And how her smile was so genuine. The way her hand felt as it brushed against mine when she took the note made my stomach tingle. The way her eyes told a story of 'Thank you for making this easier'.
I finish making her Americano and quickly jot down my number on the top of it. I walk over to where she is sitting and set it down in front of her, She looks up at me smiling and signs, Thank you. I only know that from a movie I watched ages ago. I smile at her and give her a nice thumbs up.
I continue my day like before serving people their favorite coffees. Keeping up with my employees signing checks, and taking stock. I close the show around 9 pm and head back home.

DIANNE POV
Johannas you don't understand! He was so cute! He wrote his number on the cap of my cup. He knew exactly what to do when he realized I was deaf! Well kind of. He doesn't know sign language but he wrote everything down on paper. Should I text him? I don't know.  I signed to my roommate, Johannas.
Text him! He obviously likes you if he gave you his number.  He signed back. I pulled out my phone and sighed before grabbing the cap of my coffee from my bag. I punched in the number and named his contact: Guy from Café. As I wrote it in I remember that I didn't know his name. I wrote.

         Hey. It's Dianne. AKA the deaf girl. Just texting to see how you were. Maybe we could meet up again?

I looked at the time, 10:25. I sighed and put my phone down planning to get in the shower and go to sleep. Then I see my flash go off telling me I got a text and see it's from him. I open it and read the text.

     Hey Dianne. It's Joe. I would love to meet up one day! Not sure how busy you are though. Maybe you could teach me something. LOL! Anyways I can leave the shop around 7 and leave closing to the manager? Is that okay?

I quickly texted him back and renamed his contact: Joe :)

      Perfect! I'll meet you at the shop at 7. x

I put my phone down and looked at Johannas. I did it. I'm meeting him tomorrow at 7. He jumped around in circles making me smile. I am so helping you get ready tomorrow. Go get some sleep. You look exhausted. I did as he said and crawled into bed, happy as ever. I couldn't wait. I felt really calm to go on this "date" with Joe. If you could even call it that.