A Hellish Past (Pt. 2)

(Yep this is a long one and also my finest chapter yet so I really hope you enjoy! Also this will get very very very dark so be prepared.)

(Y/n): "For you to understand what I am... I have to take you back to the beginning. How it all began."

I took a deep breathe and exhale.

(Y/n): "I lived in a small town outside the kingdom of Vale. I lived with my mom and dad along with my two sisters, Snow and Aurora. After a long time being huntsmen, my parents decided that they wanted to live a less dangerous life so they quit. Shortly after quitting, our savings of lien began to deplete. So, my dad decided to get another job. He found a really well paying job as a mechanic at the local repair shop. However, he lost his job shortly after because of an accident that caused him to lose his leg."

Two years ago

Dad just got out of the hospital so after we got back home, I helped dad walk into the living room so he could rest on the couch. He still wasn't used to the crutches. He declined on having a prosthetic for some reason.

Dad: "Easy boy. Right here's good."

I gently sat him down on the couch. Snow immediately made sure dad was comfortable by repeatedly asking him if he needed anything.

Snow: "Please, dad if you need anything I can quickly cook you something..."

Despite Snow being the youngest of the family, being fourteen, two years younger than me, she was the most mature. She would always take care of the rest of us by cooking us food when mom and dad were out on missions and breaking us up when we got into fights with each other... She would make an excellent mother someday.

Dad: "A cup of tea would be amazing, honey. Also, put honey in it please?"

Snow nodded and left to the kitchen. I looked at Aurora who was looking at dad with sorrow written all over her face. She was the complete opposite of Snow, she was the warrior of the family. Always standing up for people and getting into fights. She was the second oldest, only being a year older than me.

Aurora: "Do you need me to do anything? A pillow? Anything?"

Dad: "Just some peace and quiet would be nice."

Aurora looked down, disappointed. She hated not being able to help. She walked upstairs to her room. Snow later came back with a steaming cup of tea.

Snow: "Here you are."

She hands the cup to dad as he smiles.

Dad: "Thank you so much, Snow."

He takes a sip as Snow waits patiently for his reaction.

Dad: "This is really good Snow! Your tea is always splendid."

Snow smiles at the praise. Mom soon walks into the living room with a troubled look.

Mom: "I just got off the phone with your boss... They're refusing to pay for the hospital bills. Our insurance won't cover it neither..."

Dad sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose.

(Y/n): "Then I'll get a job."

Dad: "Psh, good luck with that... Do you realize how long Aurora has been trying to get a job?!"

He slightly raised his voice.

Mom: "Now, dear, your son is only trying to help."

Dad: "I-I know... I just... Feel so useless now... Maybe we wouldn't be in this mess if Charles was here."