fourteen

the curtains swing open and there is her face, in all its glory. aged, sad, and pale. simon never saw lou like this. even when he thought she died, she never looked sad. only scared, a face simon will never get over. they stare at each other for a long minute before she opens her window, sitting on the ledge.

from all the times simon used to sneak in, the screen eventually broke fully. 

she pats a spot next to her and simon crawls in. 

she touches his cold hands, looks in his blue eyes. he looks into her eyes, getting lost in a trance.

he runs a finger over her cheek, before slowly leaning forward. his hand is cupping her cheek, which now turned a very dark shade of red. 

his touch sets off so many sparks she's never felt with joe. this is her sign, and she takes it with open arms.

their lips touch, his well kept up soft ones, and her chapped torn up ones. when they hit, fireworks fly all over the place.

her nipples harden from the cold weather of the early morning, the curtains blowing with the wind. her hair flows like an angel.

a single tear drops from her eyes. this was a moment she'd dreamed of, wished upon a star, but she never thought she'd get again.

simons stomach was fluttering so deeply with butterflies, it makes him sick. he deepens the kiss, and she kisses back just as rough. 

he pulls away to look at her face, seeing a tear sowly run down her face. more and more run down at a faster pace.

he wipes them from her face, and hugs her. she hugs back tightly. lou was a sucker for simon edward minter, and she knew it.