19. YEONTAN LIKES ME NOW

The night air felt damp against my skin

The night air felt damp against my skin. It was summer and terribly hot. I sat on the roof top of Big Hit building as Tan sat and watched the  view in awe.

I couldn't enjoy anything. I didn't want to. I was too numb for that. Being dead didn't mean I wouldn't feel any pain. I was physically strong. But mentally? I was eaten.

"Don't think over it too much. You will only hurt yourself." Tan said and I looked down at him.

There was only one sentence repeating in my head so that was what I said. 'How could she do that? To her own daughter?"

Unlike what a normal reply would be from a human, Tan's reply was completely different. "I don't know how human emotions work, espesially not a ghosts. So there's nothing I can say to comfort you. But there's one thing I would like to say. There's no use sitting here and wondering why she did it when she doesn't feels guilty for what she did herself. All you can do is make sure your death gets it's justice.  That's the only way you can live now."

For some reason, Tan's words felt very comforting. Was it because it was justice? Or was it because he was Tae's dog? Or was it because he was just Tan himself?

"Why are you helping me now Tan? You hated me before remember?"

Tan looked at me with his little black eyes. "Back then I hated you cause you are were ghost. You still are a ghost, a very hedious one I should say, with blood and scars and broken bones and broken neck and all. But my master's like you. So if it makes them happy. So I'm happy too." Tan's words took me offguard.

"What did you say?" I asked. "I said my master li-"

"No no! Before that!"

"I said you are a hedious ghost?" Tan offered.

"Ho-how am I a hedious ghost? How d-do you see me? Do you see me as the way I-"

"The way you died? Yes. I see you that way. That's the way we animal's see spirit's. The way they died. You seemed to have suffered a lot while dying. This was one reason why I hated you in the begining. But don't worry. Human's can't see you that way. They see you as the way you want them to see you."

I took in all that Tan said. Somehow his words seemed very true. So I didn't feel like questioning the tiny dog. Tan ruffled his fur as if he was feeling cold.

It was getting cold actually, or it already was cold but I didn't feel it because of the heat that was escaping from me.

"Come on. Let's get you home before Tae chews me alive."

--------

"Where are you going hyung?" Yoongi asked Jin as he packed a small bag and doned his coat. "Nowhere in particular. Just walking."  

"But we will have to leave in a while." Yoongi informed.

Jin almost answered when he was cut off by there leader. "It's okay if he goes. He needs fresh air. Off you go hyung."

Jin smiled and left. But not without me following him. 

As I expected, Jin stopped at the Seoul cemetry. He walked on and on until he finally reached his destination.

Quietly, he placed a bouquet of flowers below the headstone. 'Kim Min Jin. Beloved daughter and sister. 1999- 2016'

Jin sighed slowly and sat down. I did the same.

"How have you been? Have you been well? I hope so. I just thought you might want to know. Our tour is going on. We will start our Love Yourself Face Yourself tour come tomorrow. I'm really excited. I wish- I wish you would be there. Yeah I know It's a dumb thing to say. Kim Seok Jin would like it if you would be there. But I...I really...really wish you would be there to cheer us on." A single tear slid from Jin's eyes. He quickly wiped it away.

"Wah! I think I got too emotional. Should I tell a joke? Would you like it? Okay, here I go. Why did Cinderella get kicked out of the basket ball team?" A small silence followed. And then, "BECAUSE SHE RAN AWAY FROM YHE BALL!! HA HA HA!!"

Jin laughed maniaclly, followed by me. If Kim Min Jin would be here somewhere, I'm sure she would be the most delighted. But unlike me, they weren't all so lucky.

Jin bowed his head and I feared he had started to cry. But no sound came. He just sat like that as if he was guilty for her death. I got up, put an invisible charm over him, and walked away. Like Namjoon, he needed his time alone.

---------

I was in Tae's room when I heard the noices. It was past midnight in the USA, and the boys where fast asleep. I crept out of Tae's room and walked towards the noice.

Walking forward, I found out the noice actually was coming from Junkook's room. I passed through the wall invisibly to see what the noice was all about.

I expected a robber or anything out of the orinary but there was nothing, save for a whimpering Jungkook. He was thrashing and turning around in his bed as if he was having a bad dream.

A nightmare.

Quickly, I went to his bedside and held him firmly. 

It was my first time touching Jungkook. Only Jimin and Tae felt my touch. I thought my hands would brush past him, but they stayed firm.

"Jungkook! Jungkook! Jungkook wake up! WAKE. UP!"

Jungkook woke up with a start, then almost had a heart attack as he saw me.

"Hey hey hey. It's me. It's me. I'm here." I soothed him and it worked. He was swaeting pretty badly. "I- I- I had a- a dr- dream. A very- ve- very bad dream. I sa- saw B- BTS went down. Pe- people hated us. So did ARMYs."

"Hyung, it was just a dream. Okay? A dream. Nothing else. Go back to sleep." I didn't know my words had such a great effect on them.

Just as I said that, he nodded and closed his eyes.  Within minutes, the bunny was fast asleep. But that night, I didn't dare leave his side.

 But that night, I didn't dare leave his side

__________________________

Hlw everyone? How are you liking this story? Is it fun? I hope so. This it for Part V.

Did you like the jks nightmare part? You better do... cuz its connected with the next Part. 

If you guys love suspence stories, then plz check out my other story, In The Name Of The Stars. Kindly😇😇.

Do follow, vote and comment.

Love yah all!!💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜